Looking for low speaker stands recommendation (30cm)

BernardLanguillier

Aug 16, 2008
Visit site
Dear all,

I have been using in my bedroom a new Denon CX1 with AVI Neutron V speakers.

As of now, the speakers are just lying on the floor which is probably not the best thing at all. Since my bed is a low Japanese style piece of furniture, I am looking for very low speaker stands (typically 30 cm max) at a reasonnably low price. Budget would be max 150 pounds including shipment to Japan.

Any ideas?

If nothing is commercially available, any recommendation as to how I could manufacture one myself (materials, geometry,...). Would a simple block of quality wood do the job?

Thanks.
Bernard

a.g.

May 30, 2008
Visit site
How about buying any old stand, cutting the tubes down and then getting someone to weld what's left of the tube to the base? You would need to be very careful though!

A

Anonymous

Atacama SL300 go down to 20cm... but they're around £80.

BernardLanguillier

Aug 16, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the kind replies.

I have finally decided to make my own stands, it is underway and I should be able to report on that in a few days (I'll post a few pics). I have selected pretty good raw materials, and the cost will end up being about 80 pounds as well... but it is the very design I wanted at the very right dimensions...

Now let's just hope that it doesn't sound too bad.
emotion-19.gif

Cheers,
Bernard

BernardLanguillier

Aug 16, 2008
Visit site
As promised, here is pic of the beast. Be gentle please, this is my first attempt at speaker stands creation. :)

2853067608_2e2c4a687d_o.jpg

The central column is made of PVC and filled with a mix of sands of various densities.

Cheers,

Bernard

BernardLanguillier

Aug 16, 2008
Visit site
Thanks. I does clearly sound better than with the speakers on the floor like they used to be. The sound seems to be more controlled with cleaner bass.

I do not have any other stand to compare it to though, no idea how good it could sound with best in class pro gear.

For now I like to think it is a success. :)

Cheers,
Bernard

BernardLanguillier

Aug 16, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Views on the Neutron V Bernard?

So far so good. They are very sharp speaker that deliver a surprising amount of bass considering their size. I find them to be a tad bright perhaps, but this could be the result of the lesser cables I am currently using them with. This will be solved in the coming days.

As far as looks goes, they are a perfect match for my darkish bedroom interior and their glossy finish is definitely appealing.

Regards,
Bernard

TRENDING THREADS