Looking for help - Rasberry Pi - HiFiBerry Digi - Volumio

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
Mmmm... have a look at /var/log/mpd/mpd.log (via ftp client or using "sudo nano /var/log/mpd/mpd.log" from a terminal session) and see if there is anything in there that gives away any clues. Every time something is added to or removed from the library it is logged there, including error messages when an add/remove fails... something in there may point the way (he says hopefully)...

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
margetti said:
Mmmm... have a look at /var/log/mpd/mpd.log (via ftp client or using "sudo nano /var/log/mpd/mpd.log" from a terminal session) and see if there is anything in there that gives away any clues.
t's completely empty

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
With help I got on the Rune Audio forum my music folder is now mounted by NFS rather than by CIFS. Interestingly I got it to work with Volumio, but not with Rune.

I'm now trying to understand and get familiar with the Volumio UI. I'm not sure I like it. All I want to do is the equivalent of taking a CD from a shelf and play it, but the UI seems to add it to an everlengthening playlist and doesn't stop playing at the end of the album.

I think I prefer the MPoD and MPaD apps.

I seems to sound pretty good though. I HiFi network player for about £50 can't be bad.

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
Hi Ifor, so glad to hear you got everything up and running! :)
Haven't been around much - busy packing to move house - right PITA!
Yeah the web UI ain't the best - I use the MPoD app almost exclusively now. Looks good to if you have cover art working, but that is a whole new can of worms!
Enjoy the music - it really isn't a bad bit of kit for the price :)

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
margetti said:
I use the MPoD app almost exclusively now. Looks good to if you have cover art working, but that is a whole new can of worms! Enjoy the music - it really isn't a bad bit of kit for the price :)

Cover art is only showing for a few albums, but I think I can live with that. Next dor me is to get a home loan of a, theoretically, much better DAC than the Arcam rDAC that I currently have and see how it plays through that.

Good luck with the house move.

MoJoe

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded Beta 1.3 for voluminous. Running with HiFiBerry. For some reason none of the music I have downloaded seems to play. All my rips are fine. But so far I am finding 1.3 to be much more stable than previous versions and I'm now thinking about a better DAC again. We'll see how it goes though.

Anyone any tips on fixing the problem of not being able to play downloaded files?

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
I've online used 1.3. I could boot from a card flashed with 1.2. I've not got much downloaded music, but I'll check whether I have a problem and let you know.

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
MoJoe said:
Anyone any tips on fixing the problem of not being able to play downloaded files?

What format are the downloaded files? Are they DRM-free?

What format are you using for your rips? If the downloaded files are a different file format I would convert them to the same format as you're using for your rips - depends how many you have as to whether that would be an easy option or not I guess!

MoJoe

May 27, 2013
Visit site
All the downloads are legal FLAC and are few in number.

i did use soulseek to download Ryan Adams' Live After Deaf because I was so irritated at the limited amount of Vinyl box sets available when everyone knows the shitehawks buy to sell at profit and fans lose out.

all these files played on 1.2 but not 1.1 if memory serves me correctly. I'll have to try converting to FLAC similiar to my ripped files, at the weekend I guess. The Adams' boxset i downloaded might never work.

MoJoe

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Would you believe it is now working fine. I forgot I had updated the folder names in order to keep everything tiday and forgot to update the NAS. Haha. so the path was obviously lost. Even the 320 mp3 files are playing. I feel a little foolish. But happily so.

Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts