AVA Rip n Play Issue

MinesGT

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I have purchased a secondhand AVA rip n play nas , and had successfully installed, on network, and ripped all cd's, and was working brilliantly until a few months ago, then.....

Cant be found on the network, both green lights on the front show working and connected ok, but cannot access any management functions through the ripnplay.local web browser.

My Linn streamer cant pick it up on network, my Mac cant pick it up on network, and also tried plugging in the rip n play directly into my daughters laptop, but still not located !

Is it Donald Ducked, or am I having a bit of a senior moment ?

Help !!

Gray

I have purchased a secondhand AVA rip n play nas , and had successfully installed, on network, and ripped all cd's, and was working brilliantly until a few months ago, then.....

Cant be found on the network, both green lights on the front show working and connected ok, but cannot access any management functions through the ripnplay.local web browser.

My Linn streamer cant pick it up on network, my Mac cant pick it up on network, and also tried plugging in the rip n play directly into my daughters laptop, but still not located !

Is it Donald Ducked, or am I having a bit of a senior moment ?

Help !!
I wonder if you can look at what your router can see on your network.
I've got a Raspberry Pi on my network that can be found by shortcuts on tablet and laptop......but one day I had your problem where it couldn't be found.
When I looked at the router's list of connected devices, I could see the Pi there but its 192.168.... address was slightly different at the end (different to what the shortcuts had been looking for).
Just had to enter the correct address on tablet / laptop and they found it.
Then just stored that page / address as their new shortcuts.
Something to do with static / non-static IP addresses I think.
(Those with computer knowledge / interest might know what I'm talking about.........fu**** if I do).

MinesGT

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the info

Been through router, and I can see that it has recognised that the AVA has been connected, but not currently connected. It also only shows a MAC address, but no IP address !

I tried reserving an IP address to the MAC address, but still no luck.....

Gray

Thanks for the info

Been through router, and I can see that it has recognised that the AVA has been connected, but not currently connected. It also only shows a MAC address, but no IP address !

I tried reserving an IP address to the MAC address, but still no luck.....
These things can be very frustrating. With any luck you find someone online who's cured your issue.

MinesGT

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi

Tried this now a couple of times, but still no luck !! The port on the router states that there is a connection, and the connection light is illuminated on the AVA Rip n play....

DCarmi

Check you router logs to see if there is any useful information. I'd also try using another cable.

When you connected t othe laptop, I assume you configured ethernet port on the computer has a shared network connection (otherwise you'd get nothing).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts