Question Looking for advice: my first Tv 65"

Xorm

Feb 10, 2020
Visit site
Hi, everybody,

I'm looking for my first TV for mixed usage (Film & Gaming).
Here is a brief summary of the minimum characteristics I would like it to have:
  • 65 inches
  • Supports HDR standards (HDR pro, HDR plus, etc...)
  • Good audio (I wish it had dolby atmos... The next step is to get some decent speakers ;)
  • Budget 800/900 (max 950, under 1000)
At the moment, I was orienting myself on the following models:
  • LG 65sm8600pla
  • Panasonic tx-65gx810e
It seems to me that the Panasonic is pushing a bit more on the graphics (I've read very good reviews about its hdr and it's equipped with hdmi 2.1), while lg is definitely better on the processor and functionality side. The alternative would be 65sm9010pla or 65sm9800, but at the moment they are over budget :(
About the qled samsung, q60 doesn't seem to be comparable with the two models above, while the q70 it's fine, but for my taste it consumes too much..... But you can make me change my mind :D

What do you suggest me? I'm open to evaluateother models :)

Thanks to whoever will answer!

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi, everybody,

I'm looking for my first TV for mixed usage (Film & Gaming).
Here is a brief summary of the minimum characteristics I would like it to have:
  • 65 inches
  • Supports HDR standards (HDR pro, HDR plus, etc...)
  • Good audio (I wish it had dolby atmos... The next step is to get some decent speakers ;)
  • Budget 800/900 (max 950, under 1000)
At the moment, I was orienting myself on the following models:
  • LG 65sm8600pla
  • Panasonic tx-65gx810e
It seems to me that the Panasonic is pushing a bit more on the graphics (I've read very good reviews about its hdr and it's equipped with hdmi 2.1), while lg is definitely better on the processor and functionality side. The alternative would be 65sm9010pla or 65sm9800, but at the moment they are over budget :(
About the qled samsung, q60 doesn't seem to be comparable with the two models above, while the q70 it's fine, but for my taste it consumes too much..... But you can make me change my mind :D

What do you suggest me? I'm open to evaluateother models :)

Thanks to whoever will answer!
I got the Samsung 55 and 65-inch Q950R and the QLEDs are superb! I would pay for the one you could stretch to that’s the best model. Not sure if they do HDR standards on it though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts