Question Looking for a new av receiver?

jk1988

Oct 3, 2008
Visit site
I currently have the now 5 year old Denon avr-x3500h receiver I love the way it sounds in stereo when i'm listening to music but I am now looking to upgrade. One of my main reasons to upgrade is to make full use of my tv the Samsung QE65QN95B and the Ps5 which I mainly use as 4k blu ray player. I currently have a Kef R set up as my front channels and Kef Q300 as my surround channels so I would need something powerful enough to power them. So my question is what should I be looking at. I like the look of the Onkyo tx‑rz50 and the Marantz Cinema 50 style wise but not sure on specs as I've not looked at amps in so long I dont know what I am looking for or what is an improvement over my current amp apart from the obvious one i.e Hdmi 2.1 . My budget is roughly £1500 give or take.

Any help would be greatfully welcomed

jk1988

Oct 3, 2008
Visit site
You need to go to a dealer and listen to a few as it will be down to personal taste. (As you like the Denon make sure you try one of the latest )

Bill
That was my next port of call but I wanted to get the opinions of others first as I know what I'm like. I'll go in and say take my money after the first five minutes lol.

leemccann1

Sep 2, 2020
Visit site
Have a look at some clearance items/ ex display on ssav/Peter Tyson/richer sounds you might pick up a bargain. The denon 6700 is down to around £1500 now. But also I’ve seen arcam avr5 for similar money.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts