looking for a cd player 2nd hand to go with my nad amp??

simon3102000

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, i miss having a cd player as sometimes my airport express and wireless streaming setup lets me down, i want the option again of using a cd.

I could just use my ps4 but that means firing up the tv which is a plasma so sucks the electric tooo much!

Any ideas what would be a good match with my current setup? max i would want to spend is £200 but am hoping to spend alot less if poss.

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rotel-Rcd-02-Cd-Player-/301188097486?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_CDPlayerSeparates&hash=item462035a5ce

Amazing cd player - cost £400 when new.

I owned one and now my parents have it. Brilliant punchy sound and highly detailed.

Was a five star rated cd player.

I would bid certainly make a bid for it.

comes highly recommended.

BryO

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I've just bought a Rotel rcd-02 second hand for £60, sounds great and the build is so heavy and tough it'll probably survive a nuclear war.

CarlDW

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I'd be on the look out for a Sony CDP-XE930. A few usually pop up on the 'bay for less that 100 quid. Great cd player.
Another option is a Pioneer 'stable platter' cd player. I picked up a PD-S505 for peanuts and it sounds good. There are other models to choose from but not many about.

MeanandGreen

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
CarlDW said:
I'd be on the look out for a Sony CDP-XE930. A few usually pop up on the 'bay for less that 100 quid. Great cd player. Another option is a Pioneer 'stable platter' cd player. I picked up a PD-S505 for peanuts and it sounds good. There are other models to choose from but not many about.

I think you mean the CDP-XB930?

If so then yes, that is a fabulous machine. Battleship build, fully laden with features and sounds great.

CarlDW

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
MeanandGreen said:
CarlDW said:
I'd be on the look out for a Sony CDP-XE930. A few usually pop up on the 'bay for less that 100 quid. Great cd player. Another option is a Pioneer 'stable platter' cd player. I picked up a PD-S505 for peanuts and it sounds good. There are other models to choose from but not many about.

I think you mean the CDP-XB930?

If so then yes, that is a fabulous machine. Battleship build, fully laden with features and sounds great.

Yes, that's the one! Quite a few about and not silly money either.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts