• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

London show?

FoxJA

New member
Aug 28, 2007
42
0
0
Hi,

Does anyone know if there will be any shows in London during 2012?

Thanks

John
 

Native_bon

Well-known member
Nov 26, 2008
180
2
18,595
I asked this same Question a while back & for some funny reason on body ever replies!!. Cause i cant remember last when one took place in london.. may be 5yrs ago..?
 

plastic penguin

Well-known member
Apr 28, 2008
1,619
67
19,770
Native_bon said:
I asked this same Question a while back & for some funny reason on body ever replies!!. Cause i cant remember last when one took place in london.. may be 5yrs ago..?
I went to the last one held @ the Novetel, Hammersmith (2008?)

Would be good for WHFI to have an annual roadshow.
 

AlmaataKZ

New member
Jan 7, 2009
295
0
0
WHF being a leading magazine and forum should have a full up to date list of UK, European and international shows maintained and published.
 

Clare Newsome

New member
Jun 4, 2007
1,657
0
0
FoxJA said:
Hi,

Does anyone know if there will be any shows in London during 2012?

Thanks

John
There's a Gadget Show Live London this year, 30th November-2nd December - details here.

After the roaring success of the summer event - at which plenty of hi-fi companies/products were on show - i'd expect it's in quite a few people's plan...
 

Clare Newsome

New member
Jun 4, 2007
1,657
0
0
AlmaataKZ said:
WHF being a leading magazine and forum should have a full up to date list of UK, European and international shows maintained and published.
Are you volunteering to put that list together for free? Because from past experience that's a big resource drain. Not to mention that many of those events are likely to be supported by rival media...

WHF already does more than any other UK publication re its core involvement in the Bristol and (until latterly) Manchester events.

But if the retailers/manufacturers don't have the marketing funds to be involved in shows, not much the mag can do about that :)
 

AlmaataKZ

New member
Jan 7, 2009
295
0
0
Clare Newsome said:
AlmaataKZ said:
WHF being a leading magazine and forum should have a full up to date list of UK, European and international shows maintained and published.
Are you volunteering to put that list together for free? Because from past experience that's a big resource drain. Not to mention that many of those events are likely to be supported by rival media...

WHF already does more than any other UK publication re its core involvement in the Bristol and (until latterly) Manchester events.

But if the retailers/manufacturers don't have the marketing funds to be involved in shows, not much the mag can do about that :)
I have done this already on another forum although cannot claim completeness. Attempt on this forum resulted in deletion of post, although this was before the recent changes.

Agree re this taking time and resources but I am sure if there was a sticky thread I and many others would contribute. Best for readers would be if the listing was unrestricted.
 

Andy Clough

New member
Apr 27, 2004
776
0
0
We we're involved in a London show on a number of occasions, but to be frank, it never really worked. But we do report from the key other ones such as Bristol, Munich, IFA and CES (for which we are the European media partners). Happy for others to mention any additional ones which may be of interest.
 

Ravey Gravey Davy

Well-known member
Apr 28, 2008
221
2
18,795
plastic penguin said:
Native_bon said:
I asked this same Question a while back & for some funny reason on body ever replies!!. Cause i cant remember last when one took place in london.. may be 5yrs ago..?
I went to the last one held @ the Novetel, Hammersmith (2008?)

Would be good for WHFI to have an annual roadshow.
It was at Excel in 2008 - my first one .
 

Andrew Everard

New member
May 30, 2007
1,878
0
0
Ravey Gravey Davy said:
It was at Excel in 2008 - my first one .
*Searches for shudder emoticon*

The Excel event wasn't a great show, due to lack of support; there are no plans ATM for a London show sponsored by the magazine, AFAIK.
 

Andrew Everard

New member
May 30, 2007
1,878
0
0
Big Aura said:
it's a pity - I'd love a London show (even if you doubled-up with your cousins at Stuff...).
Yes, that's what we did at the Excel show mentioned above, as we had at past Hammersmith shows, but unfortunately the numbers (of exhibitors or attendees) still didn't stack up.

By the way, The Chester Group, which runs a number of shows worldwide, has this index of shows around the world on its website
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS