No Dali Oberon 5's ?

trebor1594

May 18, 2024
Visit site
Does anyone know why the Dali Oberon 5's have been dropped off the "best floorstanders " 2024 list ? As this was a previous award winner i would like to know whats beaten it as im now in a quandry what to buy

Integralista

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
Hello Trebor,

which amp and other components do you use? How big is your room? Which music do you listen?

Let us know, we can give you more valuable advice.

trebor1594

May 18, 2024
Visit site
Hi Sorry for the delay .

Rotel Rb1590mk 2 pre amp --Rotel 1582 mk 2 power amp --- Cambridge Audio cxn v2 streamer ---Ifi Neo DSD Dac---- Rega Planar 2 ---Cambridge audio CXC CD transport Rel tx 5 subwoofer .

Room is 7 ft width 7and a half ft high 16 ft long (converted garage )

I listen to 60's 70's rock - folk rock - prog rock -- folk -everything from Joni Mitchell to Tool and The Hu really .

Hi Sorry for the delay .

Rotel Rb1590mk 2 pre amp --Rotel 1582 mk 2 power amp --- Cambridge Audio cxn v2 streamer ---Ifi Neo DSD Dac---- Rega Planar 2 ---Cambridge audio CXC CD transport Rel tx 5 subwoofer .

Room is 7 ft width 7and a half ft high 16 ft long (converted garage )

I listen to 60's 70's rock - folk rock - prog rock -- folk -everything from Joni Mitchell to Tool and The Hu really .
But in another thread you wrote that you already had the Oberon 5, so are you not happy with them, or is this a dead topic now?

I’m hoping you bought them regardless of where they were listed!

trebor1594

May 18, 2024
Visit site
Yes i bought them - then i read in another thread a member suggested that i my amp would allow me to upgrade somewhat speaker wise . So although they sound good -i had to add a sub to boost the bass frequencies .
I was reading reviews to get an idea as to what to upgrade to and noticed that the Dali 's were no longer featured in reviews or at least the best speakers in their group any longer .
Im considering the Kef R3 Metas now - i will get down to Acoustica in Chester to have a demo . Has anyone got any other suggestions to demo also in the Kef price range . ?

Yes i bought them - then i read in another thread a member suggested that i my amp would allow me to upgrade somewhat speaker wise . So although they sound good -i had to add a sub to boost the bass frequencies .
I was reading reviews to get an idea as to what to upgrade to and noticed that the Dali 's were no longer featured in reviews or at least the best speakers in their group any longer .
Im considering the Kef R3 Metas now - i will get down to Acoustica in Chester to have a demo . Has anyone got any other suggestions to demo also in the Kef price range . ?
Demo whatever you can as that's an awkward sized room you have.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts