Loewe... Clouding?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
We've all heard of the infamous sony backlight issues, but recently I came accross something interesting.

I was staying at a hotel and there were two 32 inch Loewe TVs in the room, which I was rather chuffed about on first instance. However while watching a movie later on in the evening after a hard day romping around Paris I noticed something annoying.

There was CLEAR backight clouding. Not just a little, in all four corners of the screen. It wasn't bleed, as it wasn't coming in around the edges ( I believe that is the difference between clouding and bleed). There were just 4 bright white spots in all four corener, and the room wasn't even dark, neither was it just an input screen, it was just a dark scene in a movie. Horrified I checked the otehr TV, which was only marginally better, although I think that may ahve been down to there being more light in the other room.

Aren't Loewe supposed to be a high end manufacturer? I thought part of the reason for the high prices was not just styling but alos quality of components...

Perhaps the TVS had been mistreated? but I've never heard of this resulting in clouding?

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed such things on Loewe products, or perhaps other high end manufacturers like B&O...?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I'd describe that as bleed, rather than clouding. We refer to it here as the spotlight effect, as it looks like spotlights in each corner of the screen (like this stage example with two!)

400_F_6228553_eJRTIJlh5v2BLYhTY8YX0spUQga7kdGF.jpg

'And we've seen it on a wide range of screens from several manufacturers. I believe Loewe's panels are made by Sharp (which has a stake in Loewe), but would need to check that out.

EDIT - Loewe uses a mixture of LG, Sharp and Samsung panels.

A

Anonymous

yeah, that's exactly it!

Thank for clearing that up :)

Not surprised they use other companies panely, but would have expected quality control to be better from something so high end....

TRENDING THREADS