listening room

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i am currently thinking of upgraing to a rega cd player,roksan amp and monitor audio bronz 5 speakers,but my listening room is a 5x4 conservatory ,would this be worthwhile or will i be wasting my time and money,thanks for any advice...steve

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
IMO i think the speakers would be overkill.

I tried my M/A RS6 speakers in out conservatory with just the Arcam integrated amp and they were too loud and too boomy.

Its like having a hifi and i fish tank!!!

IMO i think you'd be b est sticking to some decent standmount speakers on decent mass-loadable stands and also try and get standmounts that have a forward firing bass port and bport-bungs as well (i.e. B&W 685's etc...)

Other then that your system sounds good :)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
tally31@btinternet.com:i am currently thinking of upgraing to a rega cd player,roksan amp and monitor audio bronz 5 speakers,but my listening room is a 5x4 conservatory ,would this be worthwhile or will i be wasting my time and money,thanks for any advice...steve

No you should be fine. Its nice to have a conservatory and it should add value to the house when you sell.

A

Anonymous

It will be fine, unless you turn up the volume for anything else but to shatter your windows!

Tesler

Oct 2, 2007
Visit site
No, definately not wasting your time, I've got my Hifi in a conservatory about the same size as yours. I have a solid wall at one end, thats where the Hifi is situated Plus I have no neighbours at this end of the house.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts