Linn Majik Speaker Stands

Dom

They cost me £190 and after a quick chat with Audio T, are worth the money. So I said OK. Tommorow I will pick up my new speakers and stands. I know there supposed to reduce vibrations and reduce phasing. My floors are weak and thin and I can't see how expensive stands can help?

I could sell them on eBay as almost new and get most of my money back, the idea is that I buy some cheap stands to compare them with. £20 to £50 range I am thinking.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Linn Stands are well made and solid, but a little on the expensive side. Now that you have them, they are probably worth holding onto....but listen and see what you think.

I agree with Cno. Good stands can be well worth their apparently considerable price in terms of sound benefits, even if they seem simple enough.

But what works with which speakers is bit of a black art, unless you are choosing a matched speaker and stands. I think you'll soon appreciate what they can do in your system.

Dom

nopiano said:
I agree with Cno. Good stands can be well worth their apparently considerable price in terms of sound benefits, even if they seem simple enough.

But what works with which speakers is bit of a black art, unless you are choosing a matched speaker and stands. I think you'll soon appreciate what they can do in your system.

Thanks nopiano, the sound quality of these speakers is really good.

These are the stands they use in the Audio T's demo room.

I added blue tack to hold the speakers in place, just like they did in Audio T. Suprisingly, the stands come with spikes for the speaker as well as the floor, ofcourse I don't want to scratch my speakers so blue tack is used instead.

The stands are very good, look and feel very sturdy and have considerable weight to them.

DomCheetham said:
nopiano said:

I have known people use the little floor protector discs under the speakers themselves when using the upward-pointing speaker spikes.

Thanks nopiano, the sound quality of these speakers is really good.

These are the stands they use in the Audio T's demo room.

I added blue tack to hold the speakers in place, just like they did in Audio T. Suprisingly, the stands come with spikes for the speaker as well as the floor, ofcourse I don't want to scratch my speakers so blue tack is used instead.

The stands are very good, look and feel very sturdy and have considerable weight to them.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Of course Audio T will say they are good, they are selling them. They look ok but seem expensive to me, I would have bought Custom Design RS300 which are about £90.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Aestate dies longiores sunt said:
Use the spikes - only four tiny marks underneath speaker - spikes provide much better isolation than blu tac
Being pedantic, spikes couple the speaker to the stand and Blu-Tak acts more like an isolator.
I have used spikes in the past and it's very easy to score the underside and if you move and replace the speaker, you will get a series of spike marks.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Use the spikes - only four tiny marks underneath speaker - spikes provide much better isolation than blu tac
Being pedantic, spikes couple the speaker to the stand and Blu-Tak acts more like an isolator. I have used spikes in the past and it's very easy to score the underside and if you move and replace the speaker, you will get a series of spike marks.

Yes I agree, easy to knock the speakers and then they slide and scratch the bottom or even fall off the stand, blu-tack or black tac is better I find and more secure.

Dom

BigH said:
Of course Audio T will say they are good, they are selling them. They look ok but seem expensive to me, I would have bought Custom Design RS300 which are about £90.

I know that, I did try to get the cheaper ones (£100). He sold me the expensive ones anyway, and I only realised once I looked at the receipt. I could have tried to sort it out but didn't.

Dom

Those spikes are compatible with linn speakers. I don't want to scratch brand new speaker and I did think about adding protection to the speaker, but blu tack was an easier solution.

Dom

BigH said:
CnoEvil said:
Being pedantic, spikes couple the speaker to the stand and Blu-Tak acts more like an isolator. I have used spikes in the past and it's very easy to score the underside and if you move and replace the speaker, you will get a series of spike marks.

Yes I agree, easy to knock the speakers and then they slide and scratch the bottom or even fall off the stand, blu-tack or black tac is better I find and more secure.

Pretty much.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts