LG3520A soundbar switching itself off periodically

BuckarooBanzai

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else had this happen? I bought this soundbar less than a week ago, and it's two optical inputs are hooked up to a Humax PVR and Panasonic BluRay. I think this model powers itself down automatically when you switch off the attached devices, but I don't think it should be happening while you're watching a bluray! It's not happening constantly, about once or twice during an evening, but that's enough to make me think about taking it back. Have I bought a dud, or is this a common thing with LG soundbars?

Biffta

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
You say you have the soundbar conneced to 2 devices, but you appear to be saying that the problem only occurs when watching via the DVD player - yes? The fact that it seems to work OK with the Humax makes me think the problem lies not with the LG but elsewhere.

Have you tried another optical lead between the DVD player & soundbar? Have you swapped over the leads and inputs connections between the Humax & DVD? If the problem moves from the DVD to the Humax then this suggests where the problem may lie. Finally how sure are you that the optical output of the DVD player is OK?

BuckarooBanzai

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure that it's also happened whilst watching TV through the Humax, but I take your point that the connected device may be causing the problem rather than the soundbar itself. Both Humax and BluRay work with the soundbar - the TV isn't connected yet as my current one doesn't have a TOSLINK out (although I have a new one on the way that does :) ). I see that the automatic power off facility can be disabled on the unit, so maybe i'll try that.

TRENDING THREADS