LG CX TV plus hard-wired speakers

willblueshoes

Aug 3, 2021
Visit site
Hi,

I have just taken delivery of a new LG CX 48" TV which I am really pleased with other than the sound quality - to be expected from such a thin panel though I guess. I have a 10 year old pair of quality Mordaunt Short shelf speakers which I have hooked up to the TV via an optical cable through an old ONKYO midi-system. Result - audio / video synch problems which is really frustrating. I have tried a friend's Beam and there are no issues with synching so it must be the midi-system?

Is there any way I can keep my speakers connected to the TV but with a newer middle / through unit without breaking the bank? I could just buy a Beam or similar but want to keep my speakers if I can and don't want to spend £££s on another Sonos product. I have an old Sonos Connect and have tried the optical cable through that but it doesn't want to pick it up.

Hope that all makes sense - any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tinman1952

Hi,

I have just taken delivery of a new LG CX 48" TV which I am really pleased with other than the sound quality - to be expected from such a thin panel though I guess. I have a 10 year old pair of quality Mordaunt Short shelf speakers which I have hooked up to the TV via an optical cable through an old ONKYO midi-system. Result - audio / video synch problems which is really frustrating. I have tried a friend's Beam and there are no issues with synching so it must be the midi-system?

Is there any way I can keep my speakers connected to the TV but with a newer middle / through unit without breaking the bank? I could just buy a Beam or similar but want to keep my speakers if I can and don't want to spend £££s on another Sonos product. I have an old Sonos Connect and have tried the optical cable through that but it doesn't want to pick it up.

Hope that all makes sense - any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Have you tried the Audio/Video synch adjustment in the TV sound settings? Direct output usually results in audio being ahead of the video so you can delay it in settings. 🙂

willblueshoes

Aug 3, 2021
Visit site
Thanks both.

bigboss - I have been looking at AVRs and was weighing one up against the Sonos as I already have a Sonos Connect Amp (an old one) connected to my speakers.

Tinman1952 - I have fiddled about with the settings but it doesn't solve it. Annoyingly, some services (like Netflix) it is fine for but others, live TV on BBC, it is way out.

Thanks both.

bigboss - I have been looking at AVRs and was weighing one up against the Sonos as I already have a Sonos Connect Amp (an old one) connected to my speakers.

Tinman1952 - I have fiddled about with the settings but it doesn't solve it. Annoyingly, some services (like Netflix) it is fine for but others, live TV on BBC, it is way out.
Sonos Connect Amp is designed for music, not for TV sound. You won't have lip sync settings. The AVR will give you HD sound and have lip sync settings.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts