LG 55EA980W Owners Thread

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
ellisdj said:
Calibration doesnt effect black level - just the detail in the blacks, so its not all black when some is supposed to be grey crushing the detail or shadow etc

Also sorts out oversaturation - Gel I find all your pics are over saturated on contrast and colour but that could be your phone / camera.

The white are so over white is completely crushing all the detail and is just white mess - my monitor is calibrated, not perfectly so it makes me think its either your camera or the contrast is set too high.

Not trying to offend - can see the potential more from the last 2 pictures

To be honest, commenting on picture quality of a TV based on photographs is like reviewing sound quality of a sound system after listening through a telephone.

I made co comment on the picture quality - but pretty much every photo Gel has posted has been way oversaturated, especially whites, whether its photography or camera quality thats the issue I dont know but that is how I see it

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
15691957292_3d713e7976.jpg

For example is this picture on my screen

playewr on the right - there is no differentiation on the player shirt and shirt logo which is orange as its completely crushed white - same as on his face.

Player on the left face merges into his shirt. The whites are almost irredescant which is not how they are in real life by any stretchh otherwise Daz would be out of business - no studio would setup an interview this way even with light shining on the players.

There could be lots of factors causing this but that Is how I am viewing it on my screen.

D

Deleted member 2457

I have to say I am enjoying the normal factory settings. Calibration will only cost me £125 so I probably will but I don't mind the picture not looking perfect, and I like the bright colours. I'm not sure I want it calibrated at the moment, I will think about it after Xmas when I will have some more money.

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem taking pics of the screen, with whites just bleaching out. I have to say, the picture is just awesome, no probs with whites, and blacks are ridiculous, especially watching movies with the lights out.

gel said:
I have to say I am enjoying the normal factory settings.  Calibration will only cost me £125 so I probably will but I don't mind the picture not looking perfect, and I like the bright colours.  I'm not sure I want it calibrated at the moment, I will think about it after Xmas when I will have some more money.

You need to clock 200 hours of watching TV before calibration in any case.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
gel said:
I have to say I am enjoying the normal factory settings. Calibration will only cost me £125 so I probably will but I don't mind the picture not looking perfect, and I like the bright colours. I'm not sure I want it calibrated at the moment, I will think about it after Xmas when I will have some more money.

You need to clock 200 hours of watching TV before calibration in any case.
Yep, but mine is ex-display, so I would imagine it's done lots of hours.

D

Deleted member 2457

chris_bates1974 said:
I'm having the same problem taking pics of the screen, with whites just bleaching out. I have to say, the picture is just awesome, no probs with whites, and blacks are ridiculous, especially watching movies with the lights out.
Hi, you need to turn the flash off.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Have you watched guardians of the Galaxy on your LG Gel? If not, then get it on because I watched on my VT yesterday evening and it was simply stunning. Amazing colours, skin tones superb and amazing deep blacks... Wanderful get it on :)

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
Have you watched guardians of the Galaxy on your LG Gel? If not, then get it on because I watched on my VT yesterday evening and it was simply stunning. Amazing colours, skin tones superb and amazing deep blacks... Wanderful get it on :)
Okay, cheers! I've got a £5 voucher in Morrisons, so I will pick it up in there.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts