Level playing pitch?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just discovered that my hifi rack is not level by about 1 millimeter or 1/16-32 of an inch.I Know that it is important for TT to be perfectly level to operate at it's full potential but what about cd players ? Is there a accessory by a leading manufacturer that can solve the problem without having to remove all your kit and propping it up from underneath? Placing some thing under the cd player is just to tacky for me .Any answers would be appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the quick reply shooter/ chebby. No unfortunately feet are stationary and I'd be using a lot of coins because of the **** carpet. I was thinking more on the lines - if its out there - a adjustable platform that sits on the existing shelve.

A

Anonymous

By the way chebby , speaking of the vulcan bomber, it was a regular mainstay at the Abbotsford BC Canada air show - where I live . It was the crowds favorite attraction and had its final swansong in the early 90s, I think , at the airshow. The show runs every august.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
In that case may be you could look at isolation feet. You can get adjustable types off ebay in differant guises that are reasonably priced. Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Assuming the obvious here....you have checked the accuracy of your level..... Before you start getting panicky or worried about this you HAVE to check the accuracy of the tools you are using.

You say you are 1mm out....over what distance. 1mm measured over 400mm (average component width) is still a small amount, 1mm over 1000mm is probably not accurately measureable or repeatable with normal a diy type level.

Its going to be virtually impossible to measure accurately. How are you going to get into the CD tray to measure across the CD when it is in its playing position. Measuring a TT is normally done across the platter, you aint going to be able to do that with a CD. 1mm...I wouldnt worry about it. Dont forget that the laser isnt in contact with the cd so most of the requirements for TT levelling do not apply.

idc

You can get spikes off ebay and attach them to the bottom of the stand. Spikes through the carpet will help get the stand level and add to its damping properties.

A

Anonymous

Your right Ray, it did set off some alarm bells and out of curiosity I used a small level on the rack shelf/shelve. The measurements do suggest that this is the case or is it really the wrong way of taking the aforementioned? This would be the only simple way of doing so unless there is a gismo for cd players. So maybe I should take your advice and not fidget over it but it would be interesting to see if you can improve the sound by little intricacies like this. Regarding tt, should'nt it be exactly level because of the tracking force on the grooves side areas which can cause wear n tear on your records as well as the stylus.I haven't owned a tt in a long time and only adjusted tonearm to the manual's instructions. They mentioned to place the tt on a level sturdy surface but to an accurate level I Don't know, hence you mentioned by the platter itself. Sure is hot here.Have fans blowing at full force.Time for an air conditioner.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts