Leema vs competition?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Deary me, the questions people ask. Every review, just about, will mention this at least once. Buy British! Better yet, buy Welsh and if you get really nosy fire up Google & observe the wonders of Welshpool! Hell if you are feeling really adventurous you can find pictures of the factory floor staff who make it.

Hopefully this forum will soon be full of fine reports of the new products from the show that just rendered that Jan review obsolete, anyone would think this was PC Pro not what HiFi hehe.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:

johnnyjazz:Now which is best, David or Clare, only one way to find out FIIIIIGHT
emotion-5.gif
Bet you Clare could batter anyone with her handbag

I was so tempted to ask if this was a topless mud fight, but I best not.

Hang on....did I just type that out loud?

Well this is good savoury stuff isnt it?

Yes, David, you did.

You tend, unfortunately, to type out loud a fair bit.

Fulci

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
How would a Leema Pulse match some Rega speakers like the RS3?

How does the Pulse sound like, by the way, compared to a Nait or Uniti or a Brio-R? Is it equally musically engaging or is it more analytical or sterile?

Fulci said:
How would a Leema Pulse match some Rega speakers like the RS3?

How does the Pulse sound like, by the way, compared to a Nait or Uniti or a Brio-R? Is it equally musically engaging or is it more analytical or sterile?

Never heard Rega speakers nor have I heard the Rega Brio-R. However, against the Naim Nait 5i, internals of the Uniti is based, there is a very tangible uplift in SQ.

Overall the Pulse is superb. It majors in stereo imaging, focus and dynamics, and I would happily compare it in this area to more expensive amps like the Bryston. Nevertheless, compared to the pricier boxes, it loses out on detail and bass definition; it's a very natural sounding amp but I wouldn't recommend one if your speakers have any top-end forwardness... unless, of course, your sources are smooth to warm and/or you have forgiving room acoustics.

The greatest compliment I can pay the Leema is if the sound appeals it's a genuine keeper.

Hope that helps.

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I heard their expensive intergrated amp (around the £3.5k) mark with the CDP at a price not far off with PMC 22's, it was the first time I'd heard any of them so knowing what I was hearing was hard. Power and guts were there for sure, I thought a little on the bright side but the 22's were brand new and not run in so this could be part of it. I do remember thinking I bet my pre / power make the PMCs sound better at half the price but I have a valve pre so in part down to taste.

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I previously owned Pulse II and later upgarded it to Tucana II with Antila IIS CDP. Speakers used are Spendor SA-1. I loved the system and it will certainly survive for years before another upgrade.

As to the SQ it is very subjective and you can make a fair judgement yourself after audition. TBH I bought my system without any audition at all :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts