Leema Tucana 2 or ATC SIA2-150 for ATC SCM19/ProAC D28 ?

Haidien

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi my friends,

I have a pair of ATC SCM19 and I am looking for a matched amp for them. I also have a plan to change the ATC SCM to ProAC D28 in next 2-3 years without replacing the amp.

After read some reviews, I have finally selected Leema Tucana 2 and ATC SIA2-150 for the ATC SCM and the ProAC D28 (in the future plan). Unfortunately, I do not have any chance to listen above combinations for making a final choice.

Can anyone give me some reviews/suggestions about the combinations of:

- Leema Tucana 2 + ATC SCM19; Leema Tucana 2 + ProAC D28.

- ATC SIA2-150 +ProAC D28.

Thank you very much

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Haidien said:
Hi my friends,

I have a pair of ATC SCM19 and I am looking for a matched amp for them. I also have a plan to change the ATC SCM to ProAC D28 in next 2-3 years without replacing the amp.

After read some reviews, I have finally selected Leema Tucana 2 and ATC SIA2-150 for the ATC SCM and the ProAC D28 (in the future plan). Unfortunately, I do not have any chance to listen above combinations for making a final choice.

Thank you very much

I just came back from a 3 hour demo of Atc with hegel h360 amplification and its awesome

Jota180

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Haidien said:
Hi my friends,

I have a pair of ATC SCM19 and I am looking for a matched amp for them. I also have a plan to change the ATC SCM to ProAC D28 in next 2-3 years without replacing the amp.

After read some reviews, I have finally selected Leema Tucana 2 and ATC SIA2-150 for the ATC SCM and the ProAC D28 (in the future plan). Unfortunately, I do not have any chance to listen above combinations for making a final choice.

Thank you very much

I just came back from a 3 hour demo of Atc with hegel h360 amplification and its awesome

How would you compare the ATC with your KEF's?

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
The kefs are very good speakers but the Atcs are another level. They are unflapable. They sound more real and a great match for hegels grip and organic sound. The real supprise is the midrange it springs out at you. When i got home the kefs sounded slightly flat. This morning listening to the kefs all is good again though

MickyBlue

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
you need to demo the amp's, even if it means forking out to do so, it will save you a fortune in the long run.

The Leema Tucana II is a cracking amp and would pair beautifully with the proac's, but as i said its all about what you like.... hence the demo!

Good Luck!

SteveR750

How about keeping your ATCs and getting the hegel h160. I found it better than the ATC amp on your shortlist. The problem with atc speakers is that they need an amp with a decent voltage as they're not very sensitive, and can exert good control over the bass driver.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Hegel here, Hegel there ... Hegel everywhere.

I am dreaming of Hegel's. They slowly encroach on me like Daleks.

Hegel is clearly flavo of the month, replacing the Abrahamsen (and Devialet before) and making the unthinkable possible ... making the cheaper Skandinavian look ... interesting.

Wonder who's next months golden balls? :)

Any bets?

Jota180

May 14, 2010
Visit site
bigfish786 said:
This current phase of hegelling every post has not gone unnoticed.

that and the constant cry of "actives" at every speaker question.

Keeping up with the jones's is hard work.

Well when you have speaker manufacturers saying their actives are better than their passive version what can you say?

SteveR750

Jota180 said:
bigfish786 said:
This current phase of hegelling every post has not gone unnoticed.

that and the constant cry of "actives" at every speaker question.

Keeping up with the jones's is hard work.

Well when you have speaker manufacturers saying their actives are better than their passive version what can you say?

It's where I'm heading next. Active scm50 probably.

Andrewjvt said:
The real supprise is the midrange it springs out at you.

Hi Andrew

ATC Soft Dome monitoring. The sound of accuracy. Naturally
regular_smile.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts