Latest Samsung

daveyjay

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Having just read the rave review of the Samsung UE48H6400 in the latest mag, I immediately went on to the John Lewis website to place an orde,r as this tv sounds perfect for my requirements (apart from it having 3D, which I'm simply not interested in, but anyway...). Admittedly, there are only 9 customer reviews, but the Samsung only gets 3.8 out of 5. Two customers complain of motion blur, whilst another mentions lip sync problems. Arrrrrrrrrgh! Has anyone seen this particular screen in the flesh? Also, will the promised iplayer update actually happen? - cuz, I ain't gettin' a tv that doesn't allow access to iplayer. Should I press the buy button, people?

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I would seriosuly recommend seeing the TV before you purchase it. There are factors that affect people differently and things some people can see some people can't see. Have a look and then decide what you want to do, don't buy it just on the say so of a review.

Plus you have the advantage if you buy from JL of the 30 day money back guarantee and price match of course!

daveyjay

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I agree with you, rocketrazor, but, the problem is that, even when you can get to somewhere that actually stocks the model you want to look at, the tvs are never adjusted to give the buyer any kind of a clue as to what the picture will actually look like in situ - to my mind, you're actually, in effect, buying blind. I will try my best to get see the tvs that I'm interested in - just yesterday, I spent an hour or two staring at screens in the Oxford St branch of John Lewis - came away more confused than when I went in, and with viewing fatigue. Going back to the WHF review - I would've thought they'd mention if there was a problem with motion blurring or lip sync. Hmmmmhhhh....

D

Deleted member 2457

daveyjay said:
I agree with you, rocketrazor, but, the problem is that, even when you can get to somewhere that actually stocks the model you want to look at, the tvs are never adjusted to give the buyer any kind of a clue as to what the picture will actually look like in situ - to my mind, you're actually, in effect, buying blind. I will try my best to get see the tvs that I'm interested in - just yesterday, I spent an hour or two staring at screens in the Oxford St branch of John Lewis - came away more confused than when I went in, and with viewing fatigue. Going back to the WHF review - I would've thought they'd mention if there was a problem with motion blurring or lip sync. Hmmmmhhhh....

If you don't like it, just send it back or better still change it for a different model.

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
John Lewis or larger retail stores aren't generally the best place to see tv's. You need to find a small av store that has a demo room or that let's you play your own content.

i struggled when I purchased my tv, but I found somewhere in the end.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts