Laptop with HDMI output

rendu

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
Hello, do you think this will be critical in future? If yes, why? I am between 2 laptops one with and one without. The one with is more expensive and I like it less so the only reason to get it would be the HDMI. Thanks!

Paul.

I wouldnt worry about it too much, DVI, VGA, and I think Thunderbolt can all be converted to HDMI with the right cable. You may need to run a seperate audio cable however.

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
vga is not easily converted to HDMI (analog to digital).

HDMI gives you more & easier connection options than dvi or displayport. But it depends on what output you plan on connecting to.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
I bought an Acer with a blu-ray and HDMI to enable us to watch blu-rays when we are on holiday. I have found it money well spent.

A

Anonymous

Our 2 laptops have it. And one is a cheap 13.6 inch Lenovo. Definitely worth it :)

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
rendu said:
Hello, do you think this will be critical in future? If yes, why? I am between 2 laptops one with and one without. The one with is more expensive and I like it less so the only reason to get it would be the HDMI. Thanks!
That's a difficult question to answer without knowing your requirements. If you only ever plan to use it as a laptop using its own screen then it doesn't matter what sockets it's got. If you intend to use it to play/stream HD video to your TV, then HDMI seems currently to be the most universal interface for that task.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts