KEF KHT-3005SE vs MKSound M5/M4

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ideal av

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
ErwinC said:
I have the same experience. Fantastic speakers for HT but not really suited for hifi.

But i still love the looks of the S150. :bounce:

that myth is no longer applicable

people are selling large reference floorstanding speakers to replace them with MK MK2 150`s to listen to music and they say its better so the age old MK are no good with music comments are simply not true anymore, not that they were then really but opinions differ

yes I am a dealer, I know I am and don`t need telling, but fact is fact, the new offerings from MK Sound are nothing like the old KK designs apart from similar looks and even thats improved, cabinet finish is better especially, along with improved drivers/tweeters

for anyone wanting to know, their is a review of the new MK`s coming out shortly

recruit

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
OMG Allan you dont half bang on about these speakers and how good they with music now due to the new tweeters, it is becoming boring and the only reason is because you know they are outclassed by the new KK offerings, the tweeter is by all means the one from his original pro model one anyway, so its all Ken Kreisel matey...

You and Gecko and what with Dan are making a mockery of forums by hyping up products which you know are out gunned by others for less!!

and Dan with the Ultimate Subwoofer Company that is a joke, DIY Subs people have been doing it for years and why the hell would you want a passive sub sitting there with a cheap Behringer amp powering it, absolutely laughable, but you seem to have it all set up over at AVForums well rigged anyway :shame:

ideal av

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
recruit said:
OMG Allan you dont half bang on about these speakers and how good they with music now due to the new tweeters, it is becoming boring and the only reason is because you know they are outclassed by the new KK offerings, the tweeter is by all means the one from his original pro model one anyway, so its all Ken Kreisel matey...

You and Gecko and what with Dan are making a mockery of forums by hyping up products which you know are out gunned by others for less!!

and Dan with the Ultimate Subwoofer Company that is a joke, DIY Subs people have been doing it for years and why the hell would you want a passive sub sitting there with a cheap Behringer amp powering it, absolutely laughable, but you seem to have it all set up over at AVForums well rigged anyway :shame:

and hello to you too John :wave:

you must also read that its not just me who is saying how good the new S150`s are with music, you`ve never heard them John so don`t comment on something you haven`t heard

i`m sorry if you find it boring, but if it is then stop reading it, its really that simple

why can`t I sing their praises, every one sings their praises, not just me, being a KK fanboy and singing their praises John ultimately got you banned from AVF which is a real shame, but we`ve had that rammed down our throats for long enough haven`t we and still do

MK are outgunned by other products, I bet I can guess which ones you are referring to, i`ve offered many many times to have a comparison but it always falls on deaf ears, if they really were as good as i`m sure they will be then surely it would be nice to compare and let the public decide once and for all

as to the subs you mention, I have absolutley nothing to do with them so please do not bring me into the mix, that said if you heard them, which once again you haven`t, you may be surprised

why people comment on things they haven`t heard is just plain daft, thats why I don`t

anyway i`ll leave it their and hope you doing better healthwise than the last time we spoke on the phone

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
moonfly said:
Ive always been big on music, and the reason I never invested in the older models was because for music, they just didnt cut it for me. This is the main area I feel the new 150's have been improved vastly. All new drive units and the results really do stand out. They are much smoother and much more natural. They are better in films as well, but I think the real benefits are from the musical POV.

moonlfy,

email address removed from your signature, in accordance with House Rules. Please add a compliant signature to clarify to users your trade status.

And could we all stop the unedifying 'who said what to whom' regarding the behaviour of trade members on other forums?

recruit

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ideal av said:
recruit said:

and hello to you too John :wave:

you must also read that its not just me who is saying how good the new S150`s are with music, you`ve never heard them John so don`t comment on something you haven`t heard

i`m sorry if you find it boring, but if it is then stop reading it, its really that simple

why can`t I sing their praises, every one sings their praises, not just me, being a KK fanboy and singing their praises John ultimately got you banned from AVF which is a real shame, but we`ve had that rammed down our throats for long enough haven`t we and still do

MK are outgunned by other products, I bet I can guess which ones you are referring to, i`ve offered many many times to have a comparison but it always falls on deaf ears, if they really were as good as i`m sure they will be then surely it would be nice to compare and let the public decide once and for all

as to the subs you mention, I have absolutley nothing to do with them so please do not bring me into the mix, that said if you heard them, which once again you haven`t, you may be surprised

why people comment on things they haven`t heard is just plain daft, thats why I don`t

anyway i`ll leave it their and hope you doing better healthwise than the last time we spoke on the phone

I come from a lot of experience Allan and have heard many subs and speakers and also owned many too so am quite savvy when it comes to what is going on matey, and it is quite clear what you are doing over at AVForums, so don't give me that old chestnut you have not heard them so you cannot comment, please!!

I have heard the PRO versions so not too much there, and for DIY subs yes heard a few in my time and can sound impressive initially but there is alot more to sub design than just a box and big drive unit.

Anyways your just miffed because KK has come out with with a huge success so are just hyping up MK Sound as much as possible over at AVForums as possible and anywhere else where people will listen to your babble ;)

moonfly

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
moonfly said:
Ive always been big on music, and the reason I never invested in the older models was because for music, they just didnt cut it for me. This is the main area I feel the new 150's have been improved vastly. All new drive units and the results really do stand out. They are much smoother and much more natural. They are better in films as well, but I think the real benefits are from the musical POV.

moonlfy,

email address removed from your signature, in accordance with House Rules. Please add a compliant signature to clarify to users your trade status.

And could we all stop the unedifying 'who said what to whom' regarding the behaviour of trade members on other forums?
Hi Andrew,

I am not sure what I am required to place in my sig or what is mandatory, should I just leave it blank?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
ideal av said:

It doesn't/didn't fall on deaf ears Al, this was discussed. I'm 100% confident in putting the Quattro speakers and DXD subwoofers up against anything MK Sound do, but I just don't have the time (or the transport) to get involved in direct comparisons for an extremely small number of forum members. And as for an outlet for one manufacturer hosting a comparison for both brands for the public, that'd be about as fair as bank bosses bonuses.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts