Kef IQ2c IQ6c or stick !

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i currently have a Celestion avp 305 s/s. i am in the process of purchasing pair of kef iq7se to replace the front l/r for when i listen to hifi, but would i need to be looking at swapping the centre over to blend with the kef 7's and if so which one would be best the 6 or 2, or should i stick with what i have?

its at not biggest room ar around 3m*4m

A

Anonymous

What do you have as your current centre speaker?
The 2 was what was usually together with the iQ5SE AV setup and the 6 with the iQ9, the 6 isn't really much bigger than the 2 and since they are both at reduced prices due to the discontinuation of the series, get the 6 if you have the space, its recommended that you have your centre and front speakers from the same manufacturer and preferably the same series.

A

Anonymous

my current center speaker is the Celestion that came with the rest of the set-up (avp 305).

but as you mentioned it's advisable to get a matching center, and with the current pricing of this range i was wondering wether it was worth, changing, and if so to which one. becasus obviously, i won't be able to get a series matching one if i leave it mutch longer.

could anyone explain the main diffrences betweeen the 2 Kefs, sonically, please. and which you would think would be more appropiate. as mentioned only for film/tv, i don't listen 'very' loud, unfortunatly i do have neighbours
emotion-43.gif

thanks in advance

Dave

A

Anonymous

I can't comment on the IQ6c, but I do have an IQ2c and I will say I am very pleased with it. My budget didn't quite stretch to the 6, but the 2 is a steal for the £100 you can pick them up for.

Sound is excellent. Bass is tight and punchy when things get heavy and voices in movies/TV are impressively clean and clear. I'm running mine with IQ5SE's and IQ1's and it compliments them perfectly. I do love those Uni Q drivers...

If you're listening at 'lowish' levels I don't think you can go far wrong with a 2...

A

Anonymous

I recently purchase the same Kef speakers as you but have yet to get a sub, which do you have or which can you remmend that match this set up.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

The sub i have is the MJ ACCOUSTICS Pro 50 MKII, worked really well in the demo room with the kefs. i have yet to physically aquire the kefs but can't wait. i found the blen of frequencies from the sub tot he kefs worked really nicelt and smooth.

my sub at home is bairly turned up, and seems like a waste of money until it's needed, then BAM, there she blows. it's little things movies , like in superman returns when they drop the crystal in the water, nice. but adds so much to my celestions that the sub that came with them never did.

now i have be honest and say i didn't auddition any subs apart from the MJ but i can't see myself chaning.

won't go far wrong

beater

Apr 21, 2008
Visit site
I have the same setup as you awallacee30 and are very happy with how it sounds to, at the moment i am useing my old sub from my kef 1005's and looking for something better, what sub are you useing. Looking for around £300.

A

Anonymous

Hello theturtle01 and beater. I don't have a sub with mine so no recommendations unfortunately.

If I added a sub to the setup I think my neighbours would kick off, not to mention my parents. Hate knowing I'm missing out on the complete home cinema experience you get having a sub with the system tho...

If my circumstances change I'll probably look towards a B&W ASW610 based on what whathifi have to say about it. Would need a serious audition first though. Guess it all depends on your budget.

I think there are some discontinued KEF Subs that based on the finishes and styling would be good partners for the IQ setups but may be pretty hard tracking those down. Think from memory they are called KEF PSW1500, 2500 and 3500. Not sure how good they are tho...

Hope that helps !

Andy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts