KEF Audition..................well nearly!

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Nearly made a full audition at KEF's listening rooms today, had to leave early as my youngster fell ill, and Mum was on the school run!

So.............what did we listen to, well the Q700s in stereo, no sub and also with the Q200C and Q600C, mightily impressed with the 700s performance, Dianne Krall and her trio, superb separation and spaciousness, excellent bass (on double bass placement) and whilst not "tight" on the double bass note, certainly within limits as the note fades.

The 600C is a mighty beast and so articulate (listened with Avatar BluRay), not sure within the space I have at home, so will review more closely with the 200C, Ron has kindly given me space and time on Friday, so more reviewing, this time objectively between the 600C and the 200C and also the T301 as surrounds

Then I think the test is going to be; will it be 700s or 500s with the 200C, that's my current thinking?

Q100s were initially set up as surrounds when I arrived, they also seemed to work quite well, anybody have the Q100 at all?

Oh, and of course colour, I want black and the OH wants Cherry (which I happen to think is naff) let battle commence!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts