KEF 3005SE being replaced?

Muzza

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I notice this package is now £799 and I am tempted. However it has been around a while, anyone know if its replacement is imminent?

Also anyone know much about the MT-25 replacement? I assume will be a lot better than the KEF's but at what price range?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
How the new MT's sound, I can't say yet, but the current ones have never really been a step above the 3005's in my opinion. For a wothwhile upgrade, you'd be looking at either Monitor Audio's Apex, or one of their Radius HD packages.

Muzza

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
How the new MT's sound, I can't say yet, but the current ones have never really been a step above the 3005's in my opinion. For a wothwhile upgrade, you'd be looking at either Monitor Audio's Apex, or one of their Radius HD packages.

many thanks Frank

I am thinking now maybe of getting the front three of a better package and then waiting to add two more. Would the above two still be your recommendation? ideally I would like some slim / small front speakers but its not essential (no monsters though), max budget above £1,000.

A few more questions, I already have some old B&W 601's, I assume these new speakers are far superior?

Also, is the difference between 3 and 5 speakers immense?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts