Keeping the Mrs happy!

AntAxon

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Having updated my HiFi system completely over the last couple of months my Mrs says I’m spending too much time in my man cave. As I can’t bear to be parted from my HiFi to sit in the lounge and watch Escape to the country, Call the midwife, house makeover programs etc. I’ve decide to invest in some wireless closed back headphones.

I considered Senhheiser RS170 they look pretty good, but could I do better?

A

Anderson

You have to start thinking defensively, try and keep track of things you do together or have specifically done upon her request.

Maybe invest in a small lock for the man cave that way she can't come in to moan about your less than enthusiastic attendance of Eastenders etc?

A

Anderson

One thing I do is break down tasks into lots of smaller sub tasks. So I never just do the dishes, I've walked the house looking for odd cups, scraped the plates but other dishes away, washed the rest, cleaned the sink. See that sounds like a lot but is really f all haha

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
SWMBO is happy in the lounge watching the telly while I am next door in the dinning room listening to music later on we will both join up at watch tv together it works quite well

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I know! How does it work? Mrs boggit went out last night, ok afrer i got back from the pub at 7.45 went down the shops got the kids some chocolate, ok and some beer, entertained them all night. Get up this morning for a day of building speakers on my ever other weekend off from my car company. She sat watching TV, I emptied the water container on the dryer. She later went to empty the dryer. God you are a slob, toolbox out etc, go figure how I was in the wrong? edit i light of toyotaman's post, yes we will sit down together with our lovely kids and watch TV don't you just love family life!

AntAxon

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Can't fit a lock to the door, more than my lifes worth. I've tried the things I do approach but it's no good I'm afraid. Whilst the marriage guidance is much appreciated any thoughts on which headphones are any good?

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
It's all about balance.

Kids living away so it's just the two of us. 2 tv's in the house, so there are programmes we watch together in the dedicated hc/hifi room - it's much better on a big tv with surround sound. We also have a Lovefilm account (Amazon) so again we are together for that. But she does accept I wont watch Call the midwife and certain types of programmes.

Anyway, must go and watch The Voice - it's one of our shared moments *wink*

AntAxon

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
And another thing, what is it with candles, cushions and teddy bears? Never really understood it at all. Not to mention every flat surface being covered in ornaments: bloody dust traps. And things hanging from door and window handles, the female brain is a mystery.

Anyway back to the subject in hand.......What about the headphones?

A

Anderson

Speaking of teddy bears, I bought my first ever teddy yesterday for the Mrs. Was only a tenner but got major brownie points lol

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Looks like too many 'girly-men' like hi-fi ?

Just man-up, you are the man of the house like :)

You must have missed out on the rules.... before you marry, lay down the law, she doesn't aggree, ya move on, quite simple tbh.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Alantiggger said:

You must have missed out on the rules.... before you marry, lay down the law, she doesn't aggree, ya move on, quite simple tbh.

You are single........or you are mad...........or perhaps both. *biggrin*

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Alantiggger said:

Can I borrow your time-machine once you've come back from the 1930s?

I'd could use it to see a real, live dinosaur. (Or you could just post a selfie!)

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Alantiggger said:

wife+beater.jpg

A

Anderson

Oh that gentleman has a beer in one hand, the other is free, I can see why he might be satisfied by himself.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Anderson said:
Oh that gentleman has a beer in one hand, the other is free, I can see why he might be satisfied by himself.

Oh,very funny....or crass depending who you are ?

Anyway for the record I am very happily married now for over twenty five years during which time my wife and I have brought up three lovely children. We all love music and movies and love the big tv and surround sound, just got lucky maybe ?

scene

Shared interests and compromise, it's the only way. Maybe I'm lucky too, but Mrs scene has been happy for me to set up the AV system in the lounge. And in the dining room. And the HiFi in the study. Yes she has complained at times "do you really need to buy a new amp, what's wrong with the old one?" But she's also been halt for me to upgrade to my new Marantz amp and buy the bk sub just recently.
Yes she wants to watch EastEnders, but is happy for me to go and watch our listen to something else while she does :)
We both love music, especially rock, so that helps and with the whole house SONOS, it's a good thing the house is detached...
I've found that showing an interest in her hobbies and interests, even when I don't want to take part means she's much happier about me having my hobbies...

A

Anderson

When you describe showing an interest, I assume you mean feigning interest????

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts