Help me build my new system!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

JusDiG

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
An excellent choice of TT (although I am a bit of a Project fanboy...). You've got an easy and inexpensive upgrade path there too if the TT is fitted with an Ortofon 2M Red - when the time comes to change your stylus fit a 2M Blue.

Thanks! Wife and I ordered a few LP’s that we both enjoy and have been listening together all morning while doing chores. Thoroughly enjoying!

I’m already considering the acrylic platter as an upgrade. My knowledge on sonic improvement is purely based on what I’ve read but damn if it doesn’t look sweet lol.

Yep, 2M Red pre-installed. Huge upgrade from whatever crappy cartridge was on my old TT.

D

Deleted member 108165

I’m already considering the acrylic platter as an upgrade. My knowledge on sonic improvement is purely based on what I’ve read but damn if it doesn’t look sweet lol.
If you are going to purchase the acrylic platter purely from an aesthetic standpoint then fine, I totally agree (y)However, if you intend to purchase it for a sonic upgrade then you have bought the wrong turntable in the first place. I do not intend to be disrespectful so please don't misunderstand this post.

Reactions: Al ears

JusDiG

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
If you are going to purchase the acrylic platter purely from an aesthetic standpoint then fine, I totally agree (y)However, if you intend to purchase it for a sonic upgrade then you have bought the wrong turntable in the first place. I do not intend to be disrespectful so please don't misunderstand this post.

No worries at all. I guess what I meant was poorly stated. From what I’ve read, a heavier acrylic platter can provide better inertia and thus more consistent speed/playback etc, however, I don’t really care about that. I love the sound as it is and would only go with the acrylic platter because it looks freaking sweet 😉

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts