Question karaoke - soundbar - smart TV, will this work?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Gray

most of the soundbars come with the subwoofer but not the BOSE, how come?
If you asked Bose that question, they would probably tell you that their bar gives low enough frequencies without needing a subwoofer.
You will be the judge of that Alex.
They were famous for getting this to sound bigger than it was by using their 'wave' system:
Wouldn't be surprised if they use a similar, smaller version of that to enhance the bass from the soundbar. Let us know.
Good luck.

cat3appr

Apr 19, 2020
Visit site
If you asked Bose that question, they would probably ..

Hello Gray, I've finally all the equipment but I'm not sure how to set it all up:

from the microphone I thought to plug cable 2, mic out, to the soundbar , because cable 2 fits to the the soundbar aux in , but it doesnt fit in the mic... however cable 3 fits in mic out but it doesn't fit in the soundbar :D

I see both the microphone station and the soundbar have the optical, can I use it to bring the mic out to the soundbar?

( and not sure what to do with cable 1 )

Also... shouldn't the soundbar receive the output from the TV??

lots of confusion... i hope you'll be able to shred some light! :)
thanks in advance!

Attachments

• soundbar.png
    soundbar.png
    536.1 KB · Views: 5
  • microphone.png
    microphone.png
    581.5 KB · Views: 5
  • optical.png
    optical.png
    657.5 KB · Views: 5
  • cables.png
    cables.png
    850.1 KB · Views: 3

Gray

Hello again Alex. Good to see you got it all.

Start by putting cables 1 and 3 away somewhere, you won't be using them.
Note that there's no optical connection on the mic box (there's a DC socket for its power supply).
Forget about the TV for a moment, the idea is to first connect up and prove that the mic can be heard on the soundbar.
Plug cable 2 into 'R + L OUT' on the mic box.
Plug the other end of cable 2 into the soundbar 'AUX' input.
Plug the power supply into the DC socket of the mic box and power it up.
Power up the soundbar, select its AUX input.

Once you've experimented with volume levels and proved the mic works OK, then you can connect your TV to the soundbar using the optical cable.
(The soundbar's user manual will show how to select its optical input).

Done ✔

cat3appr

Apr 19, 2020
Visit site
ok ive done it thanks! and the mic is connected to the soundbar, my voice comes from the soundbar. The moment I plug the optical cable to the soundbar, i can just hear the TV, and my voice doesn't get to the soundbar, even if i select AUX.... missing something?

Gray

The moment I plug the optical cable to the soundbar, i can just hear the TV, and my voice doesn't get to the soundbar, even if i select AUX.... missing something?
That Alex, is precisely the reason I got you to confirm the mic worked, before connecting the TV sound.
I had a feeling that the optical input on the soundbar might take priority and automatically override the aux input.
Switching the TV off brings back the aux input no doubt?....but you want the TV on as part of the Karaoke I suppose.....in which case physically removing the optical lead from the soundbar will be necessary (unless you go for a cheap optical switcher to make things a bit easier).

cat3appr

Apr 19, 2020
Visit site
That Alex, is precisely the reason I got you to confirm the mic worked, before connecting the TV sound.
I had a feeling that the optical input on the soundbar might take priority and automatically override the aux input.
Switching the TV off brings back the aux input no doubt?....but you want the TV on as part of the Karaoke I suppose.....in which case physically removing the optical lead from the soundbar will be necessary (unless you go for a cheap optical switcher to make things a bit easier).

But if I remove the optical cable, then in fact the TV won't be connected... and yes I wanted it to be part of the karaoke...

D

Deleted member 108165

Just buy a cheap karaoke machine with its own speaker.

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts