Just subscribed for 1 year for iPad

uniquexme

Aug 25, 2008
Visit site
guys, its my 1st time buying digital magazine for iPad. i just paid for 1 year subscription at USD49.99 this morning. So i assume i can click and buy 12 issues. i tried clicking May14 issue, it ask if i wanna buy and i click accept, but download wouldn't start, same for June14 issue. May i ask u guys how does this actually work? pls don't make my 1st purchase so scary.... money paid, items not receiving. ... shd have relied on printed version in the 1st place.. i totally have no clue what i shd do now.

arg... shd have come to this forum before paying for my subscription. Damn.... totally disappointed and there goes my USD49.99 to the waste basket.

Can i ask for a refund?

D

Deleted member 2457

uniquexme said:
guys, its my 1st time buying digital magazine for iPad. i just paid for 1 year subscription at USD49.99 this morning. So i assume i can click and buy 12 issues. i tried clicking May14 issue, it ask if i wanna buy and i click accept, but download wouldn't start, same for June14 issue. May i ask u guys how does this actually work? pls don't make my 1st purchase so scary.... money paid, items not receiving. ... shd have relied on printed version in the 1st place.. i totally have no clue what i shd do now.

arg... shd have come to this forum before paying for my subscription. Damn.... totally disappointed and there goes my USD49.99 to the waste basket.

Can i ask for a refund?

Who did you buy it from? Yes, you can ask for a refund. I got it wrong first time too, because I purchased from the wrong place. So I got a refund and then purchase from the correct shop. One thing at the moment is that the latest mag isn't out yet for digital subscribers.

It should then go in your newsstand on the front of your iPad. You then have to click on it, and then go to account management through the top right icon. Sign in and then click on the icon that newly appears it should say download on it, then you will be able to read.

Make any sense? :)

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Will bump this for you,this should of had a response by now.

i wouldn't be happy if I subscribed couldn't get the magazine then got ignored.

cant help but think a couple of years ago somebody would of replied saying they will look into it :cry:

Verity Burns

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I'll look into it ;)

Uniquexme, can you let me know as much information as possible - where you purchased from etc and I'll get onto the tech bods to see if we can fix it.

ETA: If you purchased through Newstand, this link might help. If you wanted to buy through Zinio, this is the correct link. As far as I'm aware, those are the only two ways to buy it digitally, officially.

Just FYI too, our subs department number is 0844 8488813 (UK number), but let me know as much info as you have, any error messages etc and I will look into it for you.

uniquexme

Aug 25, 2008
Visit site
I purchase it from Haymarket Media Group. I downloaded the What Hifi Apps and then do the inapps purchase. This morning woke up and saw another USD11.99 was being deducted from my credit card. i guess maybe i click on the separate May14 and Jun14 issues. now what, Total of USD61.98 was charged and now i still got nothing. And i also dunno y USD1 is charged twice, maybe i click purchase twice. So any itunes purchase will be charged additional USD1 for processing fee?

I would really want a full refund and never purchase any apps again. terrible experience. But who shd i get the refund from? iTunes or Haymarket or What HiFi?

Btw, the Newstand link doesn't bring me to the site for instructions.

uniquexme

Aug 25, 2008
Visit site
Problem solved when Pixel Mag update my payment into their system after i email them the receipt, but i am only able to download the June2014 issue. Am still waiting for them to reply me on the additional charges for 2 issues on top of 1 year subscription.

Verity Burns

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Glad this is part way to being solved. Perhaps Pixel Mags will be able to better solve the technical problems with the May issue too? I will send this post on to our subscription team though and see if they have any suggestions.

Apologies there was a problem with the Newstand link, here it is again.

Verity Burns

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi Uniquexme,

Can you email me at verity.burns@haymarket.com with your name and email address and I'll get someone from our account management team to look into this and get in touch to help further.

Thanks.

uniquexme

Aug 25, 2008
Visit site
Hi Verity, problems solved this morning. Brittany has included the May14 and June14 issues as per my seperate purchases. So i managed to download both issues and currently still have 13 issues remaining. thank you all for the kind assistance.

Anyway, hope that your team can update the pruchases more efficiently so that future customers would be more satisfied.

Nice weekend to all.

Verity Burns

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
So glad it's all sorted and sorry to hear about your problems. I will pass on your comments to our subs team and hopefully they can look into it for the future.

Verity

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts