Just set up my lovely MA PL100s

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Just finished building the stands and nearly broke my back carrying the speakers up the stairs - come in a wooden supported box or maybe crate better word! Just connected them up to my system and wow these sound great can't wait to run them in - first impressions very clear sounds a bit polite at present - both treble and bass detail seem really good. Very prety speakers - great build - look amazing on their stands

Also bought the PL150 center without seeing it and its a big heavy beast - actually have nowhere to put it at present until new rack arrives so just boxed back up.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
matengawhat:Just finished building the stands and nearly broke my back carrying the speakers up the stairs - come in a wooden supported box or maybe crate better word! Just connected them up to my system and wow these sound great can't wait to run them in - first impressions very clear sounds a bit polite at present - both treble and bass detail seem really good. Very prety speakers - great build - look amazing on their stands

Also bought the PL150 center without seeing it and its a big heavy beast - actually have nowhere to put it at present until new rack arrives so just boxed back up.

I am jealous! What sub are you using with them?

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
pl150 is big - if you turn both your pl100s on there sides and push together that how high and deep it is - obviously its about the tweeter plus surround smaller but its big - will post some pics when i get my new stand as i boxed the pl150 back up as just haven't any room on rack for it

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:matengawhat:Just finished building the stands and nearly broke my back carrying the speakers up the stairs - come in a wooden supported box or maybe crate better word! Just connected them up to my system and wow these sound great can't wait to run them in - first impressions very clear sounds a bit polite at present - both treble and bass detail seem really good. Very prety speakers - great build - look amazing on their stands

I am jealous! What sub are you using with them?

currently using my arcam logo sub but i am planning on picking up a gsw12 sub to go with it

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
matengawhat:Gerrardasnails:matengawhat:Just finished building the stands and nearly broke my back carrying the speakers up the stairs - come in a wooden supported box or maybe crate better word! Just connected them up to my system and wow these sound great can't wait to run them in - first impressions very clear sounds a bit polite at present - both treble and bass detail seem really good. Very prety speakers - great build - look amazing on their standsAlso bought the PL150 center without seeing it and its a big heavy beast - actually have nowhere to put it at present until new rack arrives so just boxed back up.I am jealous! What sub are you using with them?currently using my arcam logo sub but i am planning on picking up a gsw12 sub to go with it

ÿ

Hope they sound good

ÿ

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i think these are amazing speakers and really enjoyying them everything i have put on just sounds so much better than before the soundstage is massive looking forward to get them fully run in so i canexperiment with positioning ect

A

Anonymous

Fantastic, I hope you enjoy them. I made the critical mistake of popping in to a hifi store in Exeter this weekend. I had a quick listen to the Proac D2s on some disgustingly expensive Naim kit.
emotion-8.gif
I've clearly forgotten what bass is. I love my SA1s to pieces and couldn't get away with anything much bigger, but blimey, these were stunning. I think your PLs will be similar in perfection
emotion-1.gif

Hi Fi Decision

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
matengawhat:Hi Fi Decision:I have the PL100's and they were the best speaker I heard up to £3k. Enjoy......

do you have the matching stands and have you mass loaded them at all?

I do have the matching stands but I haven't mass loaded them. I don't think they're designed to be mass loaded but I could be wrong.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
the central column is empty and can be filled - i contacted ma and they said try it and see - i'm really happy with the sound but can't help but feel like i should try it especially since have a load of atabites spare from previous stands

Hi Fi Decision

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
matengawhat:the central column is empty and can be filled - i contacted ma and they said try it and see - i'm really happy with the sound but can't help but feel like i should try it especially since have a load of atabites spare from previous stands

Ok. Let me know how you get on I'd be interested to hear your results.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts