Just ordered some new speaker cable

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
My QED SA XT is going in my kitchen with my ProAcs to replace 6mm copper which is very average.

My new cable for my main listening room is Chord Odyssey 2, 4 runs of so it's suitable for biamp. Get it Tuesday and I will post my findings in due course on both sets of speakers.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Of course not.

I
also ordered 2 x 6m of QED SA XT as my current ones aren't long enough. But got a good deal on the 3 x pairs

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Blimey, that has got to be the record for repeat posts??

BTW Joel I would check the quantity of speaker cable ordered if you used your computer. Probably end up getting 80m if you repeat order like the repeat post
emotion-4.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
True Blue:

Blimey, that has got to be the record for repeat posts??

BTW Joel I would check the quantity of speaker cable ordered if you used your computer. Probably end up getting 80m if you repeat order like the repeat post
emotion-4.gif

Yes I'll have to buy some new systems for each room.

A

Anonymous

You won't regret this one Joel. I remember your comments about the Chord Chameleon Silver Plus I/C, the Odyssey might be along similar lines. I'm very curious to see how it works for you and the ribbon tweeters. Don't forget (bizarrely), it wants some run in time.

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
igglebert:Don't forget (bizarrely), it wants some run in time.

Oh dear, someone want to turn this thread into another slanging match......
emotion-2.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
igglebert:You won't regret this one Joel. I remember your comments about the Chord Chameleon Silver Plus I/C, the Odyssey might be along similar lines. I'm very curious to see how it works for you and the ribbon tweeters. Don't forget (bizarrely), it wants some run in time.

Well I managed to get 4m pair, 3m pair and a 6m pair of QED for £280 inclusive, so I'm reasonably chuffed.

I enquired about getting my Nordost Super Flatline reterminated and I was quoted some ridiculous prices. Sent back to Nordost at about £25 to £35 per plug and I need 16! If I was to go with Atlas Z plugs then £96. Decided that it was too scruffy to even contemplate keeping as it was so have decided to sell it on as is. Hopefully get £80 for it. Then £50 for a pair of 4m QED amd £20 for some 6mm copper stuff. All in all I don't think it will cost me much.

Also decided that separate pairs of Odyssey 2 would be a better investment than Odyssey 4 simply as the market is bigger.

Looking forward to getting them on Tuesday as I already really like how the QED sounds, so it will be interesting to hear the differences. I did read a few posts before taking the plunge.

In addition I registered a domain name last year and someone called me to buy it - £125, so that's £121 profit. All in the hifi pot.

I wonder whether SWMBO will notice.

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts