Just finished my second system...pics...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Hi, Jax! Looooong time no see! How are you doing?!

That is a great job and very budget efficient! You must be enjoying the new set up!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
AlmaataKZ said:
Hi, Jax! Looooong time no see! How are you doing?!

That is a great job and very budget efficient! You must be enjoying the new set up!

Look whose talking. *biggrin*

Hope life is treating you well.

@ Jax. Lovely job.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

The Cyrus units with the brushed silver probably match the speakers I’m guessing, but now you need to spray the cyrus box green to match the room. Lol. Oh and I can recommend the cyrus stereo 200 using the 6xpd as a pre to start.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
When i had recently removed the drivers from my PMC twenty 26, I found that the drivers were mounted directly on the cabinet without any rubber gaskets. Iam still not sure if it will be a good idea to use diy rubber gaskets to improve the isolation of the drivers from the cabinet. How were your units when you dismantled the drivers, were there any rubber gaskets mounted ? Thanks :

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
newlash09 said:
When i had recently removed the drivers from my PMC twenty 26, I found that the drivers were mounted directly on the cabinet without any rubber gaskets. Iam still not sure if it will be a good idea to use diy rubber gaskets to improve the isolation of the drivers from the cabinet. How were your units when you dismantled the drivers, were there any rubber gaskets mounted ? Thanks :

no gaskets.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Macspur said:
Hi Jax

Good to see you back on the forum.

I notice you have the PMC Fact8, thought you used to have the 12?

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

Hey, good to connect with you again. Yes, did have 12s. Traded someone for the 8s (and cash). Timing was right to downsize a bit (despite my love for the 12s). Also, the fact 8s are more efficient and that allowed me to downsize the electronics as well from Devialet D400 to a D200.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
jaxwired said:
newlash09 said:

no gaskets.  

Thanks for the confirmation

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
jaxwired said:
Macspur said:
Hi Jax

Good to see you back on the forum.

I notice you have the PMC Fact8, thought you used to have the 12?

Mac

Hey, good to connect with you again. Yes, did have 12s. Traded someone for the 8s (and cash). Timing was right to downsize a bit (despite my love for the 12s). Also, the fact 8s are more efficient and that allowed me to downsize the electronics as well from Devialet D400 to a D200.

OK, I see.

Afraid I lost your Email address when my last laptop died, if you get a chance, drop me a line.

Mac

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts