Just cancelled Netflix, where to spend the money instead?

James105

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
So Netflix has been going down hill for awhile, I haven't watched anything on it for 2 months I reckon so I've sacked it. I have Prime and Paramount+.

So I've £19 a month to spend. There's Disney at £11 a month are there any other streaming services worth looking into in the UK? Any one have Disney what is the audio and video quality like?

daveh75

None of them are worth subscribing to continually. I just dip in and out when there's shows I want to see, but that's the benefit of SVOD, no long contracts.

I've no interest in Disney, I did get a free 5 month sub from Currys to AppleTV+ when I bought a Chromecast at xmas and it's absolute gash, the weakest of all the SVOD offerings IMO, so I can't recommend it.

Literally the only thing I could find worth watching was Slow Horses, which is excellent admittedly, but one show doesn't justify a subscription... I would of been highly annoyed had I actually paid for it.

James105

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
None of them are worth subscribing to continually. I just dip in and out when there's shows I want to see, but that's the benefit of SVOD, no long contracts.

I've no interest in Disney, I did get a free 5 month sub from Currys to AppleTV+ when I bought a Chromecast at xmas and it's absolute gash, the weakest of all the SVOD offerings IMO, so I can't recommend it.

Literally the only thing I could find worth watching was Slow Horses, which is excellent admittedly, but one show doesn't justify a subscription... I would of been highly annoyed had I actually paid for it.
Apple TV I got a 3 month free trial when I bought something and yes it was gash. I'm not sure what SVOD means?

rymidd

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
So Netflix has been going down hill for awhile, I haven't watched anything on it for 2 months I reckon so I've sacked it. I have Prime and Paramount+.

So I've £19 a month to spend. There's Disney at £11 a month are there any other streaming services worth looking into in the UK? Any one have Disney what is the audio and video quality like?
I have prime, but as with all streaming services you get to the point you have watched everything. you want to watch. then I stop using it for a bit than the cycle repeats, but I still keep my account active to keep the free deliver from amazon.

Reactions: DougK1

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Too much Woke nonsense on Netflix, still, there are some gems every now and then. I have IPTV streaming services, costs £60 annually, I get everything I need but it isn't for everyone :)

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Am I the only one who feels no guilt for using IPTV especially the all TV ones.

My guilt stopped when the legal vendors greed started.

I find the BBC criminal.........
My sentiments exactly. For a long time I've stopped watching TV and I have been paying my BBC tax to the greedy fat corporate cats. No offence to cats but these mongrels weren't providing a quality service, same condescending fookall and do I really need to emphasise the lives of the privilege elite, who cares about Harry, or the hag next to big ears.
Anyway enough of my ranting. My 2nd wife of twenty years get to watch all her Russian TV shows and it makes her happy 📺😊

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
I'm moving towards subscribing to less streaming services and buying more physical media. Nine times out of ten I search for a film I feel like watching and can never find it, and that's across five services. The one I searched for the other night I found online for £7 and was watching it the evening after I ordered it.
I replaced the MAG IPTV in the dining room with Android TV receiver cost me £35.
I can't recommend it highly enough, has all the Pay as you Go services as well as Apple TV, Google Play, Arte, Hulu, AMC etc. Works a dream.
IMG_20240203_120743.jpgIMG_20240203_121330.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts