• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Getting next week. Looking forward to it. *clapping*

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Not sure what's your definition of "only". Completely wasted purchase. Besides, there are reports of disc playback issues.
Is there? My old Pioneer was fine despite reports.

D

Deleted member 2457

I was thinking I might sell my Samsung K8500 to fund it?

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
gel said:
I was thinking I might sell my Samsung K8500 to fund it?
I'm lost for words gel. This is perhaps the stupidest idea you've got. What do you do with all the 4K blu rays then?

Buying the Pioneer LX88 is a very bad idea.
Nope, I have decided to keep it and the 4K blu Rays, I was going to sell the lot.

D

Deleted member 2457

So I got it but having troubles. When it works it's good but it don't output master audio or Dolby True High Definition on the amp. I have been trying to do the firmware download but with no luck, can't do it via the Internet it won't let me, so I am trying to do it via USB stick but that don't want to work. Any ideas here? I am running out of options.

D

Deleted member 2457

On the picture it won't output 4K either just auto.

D

Deleted member 2457

Wouldn't talk to my amp because apparently it's too old! You need a Pioneer sc-lx89 amp - yeah right!

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
Have you set audio to bitstream on your 88?
Yep, been on the phone to Pioneer to and no luck. It's bloody awful!

D

Deleted member 2457

My Samsung K8500 is about a million times better!

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
It's a shame the Sevenoaks guys couldn't set it up for you.
Wouldn't have made any difference, still don't work with my amp. Told Sevenoaks that too.

buzz_lightclick

gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
Wouldn't have made any difference, still don't work with my amp. Told Sevenoaks that too.

I find that very strange, surely it's just a case of connecting the player to the amp via HDMI in the normal way? If it doesn't work the player is probably faulty or maybe needs a firmware update?

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:

I find that very strange, surely it's just a case of connecting the player to the amp via HDMI in the normal way? If it doesn't work the player is probably faulty or maybe needs a firmware update?
I know, they have built it to connect to the new amps, I tried with the firmware update, but via the Internet, it don't work and USB it didn't like that either. And it wouldn't do 4K either!

buzz_lightclick

gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:

I know, they have built it to connect to the new amps, I tried with the firmware update, but via the Internet, it don't work and USB it didn't like that either. And it wouldn't do 4K either!

it won't play 4K Blu Ray discs but it should upscale normal 1080p Blu Rays to 4K on your TV. Are you sending it back?

abacus

To be honest, unless you want to play SACD or DVD Audio discs, the 88 Blu-Ray is a bit pointless, as the Samsung will do it all. (Although I do admit that the Samsung operates and feels cheap and nasty in comparison)

Your LX81 does not support 4K pass through, so you will have to connect the player direct to your TV using output 1 if you want it to upscale to 4K, then connect output 2 to your LX81.

Re-set the LX 88 back to its default settings and run the setup again, then set the HDMI output to Bit stream and everything should now work correctly.

Hope this helps

Bill

D

Deleted member 2457

abacus said:
To be honest, unless you want to play SACD or DVD Audio discs, the 88 Blu-Ray is a bit pointless, as the Samsung will do it all. (Although I do admit that the Samsung operates and feels cheap and nasty in comparison)

Your LX81 does not support 4K pass through, so you will have to connect the player direct to your TV using output 1 if you want it to upscale to 4K, then connect output 2 to your LX81.

Re-set the LX 88 back to its default settings and run the setup again, then set the HDMI output to Bit stream and everything should now work correctly.

Hope this helps

Bill
Yep, that does help a bit Bill - thanks!

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:

it won't play 4K Blu Ray discs but it should upscale normal 1080p Blu Rays to 4K on your TV. Are you sending it back?
No it don't upscale DVDs or Blu-Ray's to 4K you need a new amp for that! Or otherwise you have to do it the way Bill says.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts