JD - DacMagic - thoughts please?

a.g.

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Why is there an out-and-out lie in the user manual?

[quote:the user manual]Only one of the two types for each input should be connected at any one time. If both the optical and
co-axial outputs have connections made to them (even if only one is attempting to function), neither
will work.

I was wondering about this and tonight decided to see if this is true, and, it's not, I have an optical cable from a PlayStation 2 and a coax cable from my DVD player on the same input, and I am listening as I write this to a CD on the DVD player.

John Duncan

Who me? If this computer had bluetooth I'd post a picture of it sitting in the drawer!

It's possible that some gear may come out of storage this weekend, though no doubt I shall be encouraged to get the "more important" stuff out first.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Who me? If this computer had bluetooth I'd post a picture of it sitting in the drawer!

It's possible that some gear may come out of storage this weekend, though no doubt I shall be encouraged to get the "more important" stuff out first.

No JD, I was talking to the OP not you.

a.g.

May 30, 2008
Visit site
No, I'm not lying. I am not complaining, as it is a nice "side effect" as you put it, but one wonders why CA chose to include this false bit of information.

If two sources on the same input are playing then you don't get anything (the sample rate LED doesn't even light up) but why would you want two sources playing at the same time?

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
a.g.:No, I'm not lying. I am not complaining, as it is a nice "side effect" as you put it, but one wonders why CA chose to include this false bit of information.

If two sources on the same input are playing then you don't get anything (the sample rate LED doesn't even light up) but why would you want two sources playing at the same time?

It may not be deliberately false... One option is that it was a wrong assumption based on having 2 inputs playing at the same time (theory and practice are often very different).. Another option is that the pre-production DacMagic operated like that and no one thought to update the user manual...

a.g.

May 30, 2008
Visit site
It's possible that correcting the user manual was overlooked, but you would think that (a) someone would notice and (b) they would be very keen to make the correction.

Mustn't complain though, I'm very happy with it. Now I just need a decent CD transport.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts