JBL Synthesis 4367 - oh mama...

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
lindsayt said:
There's a phrase in one of the classic Dale Carnegie books: "Don't sweat the small stuff."

That's why I don't sweat over a bit of hiss OR a bit of hum in my systems. Hiss OR hum that is not noticeable when the music starts. Hiss OR hum that is not audible at my listening position in my large room when no music is playing. Hiss from an ultra budget solid state amp that is, in any case, easily solvable by using a different solid state amp - for example one of the JBL ex cinema amps. Hum from a SET amp that is easily solvable by replacing the valve that's causing the hum.

if lpv wants to sweat the small stuff, that's entirely up to him.

Maybe he turns his central heating off whenever he listens to his system, as domestic central heating noise wasn't there when they made the recording?

I prefer to adopt a pareto approach to hi-fi instead of a "sweating the small stuff" approach. It's why I, for example, don't give two hoots about cables. Audio nervosa is not for me. I prefer the Pareto philosophy. Focus on the important things.

Such as the inability for a system costing £1750 to realistically recreate transients from ANY instruments. From bass drums to piccolos. Or the inability to recreate all the low level detail, such as concert hall acoustics. Still one can't expect miracles from tiny low efficiency active speakers. We can't expect them to be as accurate and realistic with transients and low level detail as properly engineered fuller sized higher efficiency speakers such as JBL 4367's.

I must agree with the highlighted above, a system that cannot produce clean deep undistorted bass frequencies will completely remove this sort of detail, and it's this kind of detail that makes all the difference between just music played on a stereo and music played on a HiFi system that sound truly realistic.

It has always been my aim to build a system that plays the music in the original space it was recorded in, once this is achieved there is no going back , Imo *yes3* .

I want to hear the sounds reflected from the walls of the venue and be able to guage the size and shape of the venue that the music is being played in ( recording permitting ) , it makes the whole experience of listening to music so much more real.

Merry christmas . *drinks*

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
lindsayt said:
Maybe he turns his central heating off whenever he listens to his system, as domestic central heating noise wasn't there when they made the recording?

you’re running low on faith fellow..

I go few steps further not only with my system but also with listening habits.. for example: I listen some Nirvana albums with loaded gun, I grow hair if I want some Slayer and change sex for some Eva Cassidy

ps. it’s time for central heating maintenance in your 12 century church babe

insider9

lpv said:
lindsayt said:

I go few steps further not only with my system but also with listening habits.. for example: I listen some Nirvana albums with loaded gun, I grow hair if I want some Slayer and change sex for some Eva Cassidy

With the lights out it's less dangerous

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
lpv said:
lindsayt said:

Please feel free to make a mature contribution to this thread.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
with comments like that

lindsayt said:
Such as the inability for a system costing £1750 to realistically recreate transients from ANY instruments.

or with obscure views like: " crossover is the least important commponent of a loudspeaker"

to trumpeting around that your system won bake off ( when no participant said such a thing)

and you soon become pain in the ass and your comments gobbledegook

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts