admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Submitted by thermopile on Thu, 08/11/2011 - 21:03
looking for a speaker package in the 1500-2k range,really only for movies as i have a cyrus cd and amp for music and cd's anf full size missions speakers,so not after a full size package.

liked the sound of the jamod500 from the whifi review,would be pairing with an onkyo 875 in a 6x4meter room.
also thought about the dali fazon1/b&w mt30. i know i should try to audition but cant seem to find any stockists in my area which is south west scotland that i could listen to all 3.

any thoughts or perhaps other packages i should consider?

many thanks for any thoughts,cheers

A

Anonymous

I've auditioned the D500 and for movies they are exceptionally good, better than the B&W M1 and Fazon's IMO.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I know the Fazons will work well with the Onkyo but you may wish to consider a different subwoofer for your room size . Good as the Dali one is you will get the best out of it in a smaller area. Another contender is the Paradigm Millenia , like the Dali's thay are very well built and crucially with the Onkyo the top end is kept in check so they wont fatigue.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
It is possible to pick up a Monitor Audio Apex package B stock every now and again - this brings the cost of the package well within your price bracket. Worth considering, as they're one of the best sub/sat packages out there at the moment.

I'd also put forward a KEF Q300 AV pack. Excellent effects placement, large, transparent soundstage, and plenty of detail. If these are a little too large, try the Q100 package.

Whichever package you go for, don't skimp on the sub. A room that size needs something that can really perform, or at least a couple of subs to do the job properly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts