thoughts on amp to partner jamo d500

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Looking for some thoughts on replacing onkyo 875 with new av amp.
The onkyo 875 is being moved into the lounge to partner with my mission m cubes.

Have the jamo d500 thx speakers,the onk does a great job, and i was thinking of changing to onk 818. However, when i see some of the good deals right now on both the onk 818(£800) and the recent pioneers 56(£900) and more specifically the 86(£1500) i wonder if the additional out lay will reap the rewards.
I will audtion them all, however i know i will run into problems if i try to demo them with my current speakers.
Purely for movie use as i have a cyrus 8 as a stero amp with seperate speakers.

thanks for any advice,cheers.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Because quality speakers like better amplification, the likes of the Onkyo 1010, Yamaha 3010, and Pioneer 86 will all do a far better job with a dedicated movie theatre package. Of those three manufacturer's £2k receivers, the Pioneer drives the likes of Miller & Kreisel AV speakers better, so I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this one for your Jamos. In second place would be the Onkyo because of its room EQ, although room EQ shouldn't be the most important thing to be taking into consideration with a THX speaker package. The Yamaha is an equally capable receiver, but is a little warmer and laid back, so if you find the sound of your Jamos and current Onkyo a little tiring, the Yamaha should be first on your list.

The Onkyo 818 will certainly so a better job than your 875 with regards to room EQ, but amplification will be roughly the same. The above mentioned receivers will outperform the 818, and will stand you in good stead should you wish to upgrade your speakers later on too.

A

Anonymous

Thanks david,as i suspected, the top end amps would better suit my speakers,so i better go listen and decide. Think i had hoped that the 818 would be good enough,as i want to use some cash to upgrade my cyrus 8vs2 in some form to better my hifi sound. Ah well! CHEERS FOR THE ADVICE

A

Anonymous

Thanks david,as i suspected, the top end amps would better suit my speakers,so i better go listen and decide. Think i had hoped that the 818 would be good enough,as i want to use some cash to upgrade my cyrus 8vs2 in some form to better my hifi sound. Ah well! CHEERS FOR THE ADVICE

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts