admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I keep seeing references to ITV HD but cant find the channel on my sky HD box or on the tv programme listing

I have tried to add it in case it is a new channel but cant find it. Sky HD installed in December. Telly is a sony 40w400 and have a Sony Davis 10 attached

any help appreciated

Martin

A

Anonymous

Has your EPG been upgraded to the new HD EPG? There is only one model of Thompson HD Box (4E300E) that has been upgraded so far. See info here: www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitaltv/a149189/in-pictures-new-sky-hd-guide.html

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I have this model Sky Hd box and mine has not been updated to a new EPG
emotion-42.gif

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
With the new EPG that has just been rolled out to some Thomson box owners, you can manually add it as a channel. It isn't regional and is locked to Granada no sky hd but it can be done.

A

Anonymous

D.J.KRIME:

I have this model Sky Hd box and mine has not been updated to a new EPG
emotion-42.gif

Same here. I have the Thomson 4E300E and still have the old EPG (my Sky HD was installed on 13 March). So it seems that you do not automatically get the new EPG just because you have this particular digibox. I don't really care less about the EPG itself but would like access to ITV HD (for the football). C'mon Sky we're all paying you the same subscription price so should all have the same service!

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Sorry have to laugh all the money people have paid for sky subsciptions and they cant give you a free hd channel, i would be really annoyed abt that, im not taking the mickey by the way, its just a bit all back to front.

AndrewFG

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
It says the following:

<quote>

ITV HD is a red-button service.

<quote>

Just out of interest, can anyone explain how the "red button" works? Does it tell the tuner to change to another channel? And if so, why can't you just tune to the HD channel directly? A "red button" seems a rather round about way of doing a simple thing...

A

Anonymous

I have the new EPG on my Thomson box it downloaded overnight ITV HD is on my box ready for the footie on Tuesday night

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:its exclusive to freesat..........

Not anymore it aint
emotion-1.gif

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
But you have already paid for your sky in order that you can watch it, if you cancelled sky would you still be able to watch ITV HD ?

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
to add ITV in HD to the programme guide, all a customer is required to do is access the Add Channels menu and enter the following settings:

11.427H, 2/3, 27500, channel 10510

not tried yet but will later today and post

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
matengawhat:to add ITV in HD to the programme guide, all a customer is required to do is access the Add Channels menu and enter the following settings:

But apparently only if you already have the new EPG

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
matengawhat:to add ITV in HD to the programme guide, all a customer is required to do is access the Add Channels menu and enter the following settings:

yes that seems to be true anyway to force your sky box for the update - does the update come via dish or does your sky box need to be connected to phone line?

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
found these dates online not sure how accurate though maybe anyone with a thomsons box can confirm

Tuesday 24th March: More Thomsons
Tuesday 7th April: More Thomsons
Tuesday 21st April: Samsungs
Tuesday May 5th: Amstrads

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
matengawhat:Andrew Everard:

matengawhat:to add ITV in HD to the programme guide, all a customer is required to do is access the Add Channels menu and enter the following settings: 11.427H, 2/3, 27500, channel 10510 not tried yet but will later today and post

yes that seems to be true anyway to force your sky box for the update - does the update come via dish or does your sky box need to be connected to phone line?

To do a system update you will need the box connected to a phone line
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

Messiah, ITV HD is available on Sky if you have the new EPG

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
D.J.KRIME:matengawhat:Andrew Everard:

matengawhat:to add ITV in HD to the programme guide, all a customer is required to do is access the Add Channels menu and enter the following settings: 11.427H, 2/3, 27500, channel 10510 not tried yet but will later today and post

emotion-15.gif

thats annoying was sure if going to be download by wire or dish - will have to plug in that week then!

daveh75

matengawhat:D.J.KRIME:matengawhat:Andrew Everard:

emotion-15.gif

thats annoying was sure if going to be download by wire or dish - will have to plug in that week then!Sorry MR KRIME but that isn't correct! Firmware updates are received OTA via the dish.... NO phone line required.

A

Anonymous

No phone line req my EPG came on Thursday morning not a phone line in sight. ITV HD channel stored and working fine there is not a lot on but it will do for the footy. It seems like the first subscribers to HD are getting their EPGs first and so we should
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts