ITV HD tuning on a Sky HD box

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I use Sky HD and want to retain it - but can I also add ITV HD to my existing programme listings and how do I do this? Can anybody help please? Thanks

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Morning, Andrew!
emotion-2.gif

burner

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
hi Andrew am new on ere but been buyin the mag for a good few years now. Am wondering how long i may have to wait for the new sky+hd epg, have an amstrad stb..... also wondered how people seem to know when sky are doing the roll out as i dont seem able to get a clear answer from them.....(want to tune to itv hd)

cheers.

daveh75

Not Andrew but,

You wont get a straight answer from Sky! They have been very silent about the whole subject.

You could be in for quite a wait though,Amstrad boxes will last....

Rollout of the EPG was completed on Thomson And Pace boxes around august,then was halted for Samsung and Amstrad boxes as it was found to be unstable on those boxes and required 'ongoing development'.

It was then rolled out to around 30000 samsung boxes a fortnight ago( now believed to be a test batch) and there's been none since!

Sky will send you an "EPG upgrade" pack either in the post or by email a few day's before you get the upgrade.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
ITV HD issue aside, IMHO you're not missing much: having had the new EPG for a fleeting while on a Thomson which went skewiff, I'm now back on an Amstrad with the original EPG.

peter8171

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
I've just had the email in to my inbox telling me that the new EPG is on its way to my Samsung box. My parents have a Samsung box as well and got the new EPG a couple of weeks ago. They don't really like it, but haven't had any problems since getting it, touch wood. Their box is newer than mine, so there doesn't seem to be any particular order to the rollout to Samsung boxes.

daveh75

Yes it would seem a fair few Samsung owners got the EPG email yesterday/today.So it way well be that you get the EPG overnight tonight,as Sky usually do the upgrade in the early hours on either a tuesday or thursday.

A

Anonymous

Perfect - works a treat, not many programmes being broadcast (as per ITV's schedule) but better some than none!

Thanks Clare and Andrew

emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Its a tad annoying that I'm paying a tenner a month for high definition and I can't get ITV in HD, yet some people on freesat can.

Although only time I miss it is for the football.

daveh75

barnsleydave:
Its a tad annoying that I'm paying a tenner a month for high definition and I can't get ITV in HD, yet some people on freesat can.

Although only time I miss it is for the football.

Ah, but you're paying SKY the £10 for it's HD service not ITV. ITV dont get any of that revenue, so if they want to be "exclusive" to Freesat that's their decision....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts