iTunes to PS3?

A

Anonymous

professorhat:
PC or Mac? Also, what format do you store your music in e.g. MP3, AAC, Apple Lossless etc.

PC. I store most of my music in MP3, but obviously not the music I tend to buy off iTunes.. is that Apple Lossless?

A

Anonymous

Look up TVersity - Its a great program for streaming files to your PS3 and its free.

As long as the music is in mp3 it will play fine. - You just need to add the directory where the music is stored to TVersity and then it will show up on the PS3.

Or you can use Windows Media Player - You will juSt need to add the Itunes directory to the WMP libary..

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Foobar2000 with the UPnP media streamer will do this (take a look at my useful posts in my signature).

There's also the PS3 Media Server. I've not tried this but one would hope a dedicated effort would work well.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Khaine775:PC. I store most of my music in MP3, but obviously not the music I tend to buy off iTunes.. is that Apple Lossless?

Just to add, I'm pretty sure music bought off Apple store is in AAC format which is also compatible with your PS3 as long as they're new DRM free tracks (older DRM protected tracks won't work I don't think, but may well be available to re-download DRM free and at a higher bitrate for a certain price).

A

Anonymous

As I know, itunes songs have drm license protection that prevent users playing itunes content on other non-apple players, if you want to stream itunes music on PS3, you may need to upgrade to DRM-free iTunes plus, or convert iTunes protected files to MP3.

GazzyP

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
PS3 Media Server worked pretty well for me. An icon appeared on the XMB menu of the PS3 under music and videos, and off I went. Even the art work came through! You do have to navigate through your folders to where your iTunes are stored, but thats not too much hardship.

A

Anonymous

From experience, I would go with the PS3 Media Server, it's a lot easier to setup and will do exactly what you want it to.

GazzyP

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
I have just tested this - It does play back Apple Lossless through PS3 Media Server to PS3. But have to say I find using my Apple TV a much more hassle free, easier experience - especially with the remote app on the iPhone.

rendu

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
Hello, I have been interested also in better ways to play music out of the PS3 and with better quality. Where do you install the PS3 media server, in the PS3 or in your PC? Does it have equalizer options? What I find about PS3 is that it lacks a lot of features as media player (equalizer, automatic lists, genious lists, etc.). It would be great if Sonny developed a good aplication similar to iTunes that could be used with the PS3. Thanks, Pablo

A

Anonymous

Hi,

You install the PS3 Media Server on your computer. Once it is installed when you turn on your PS3 it will display 'PS3 Media Server' undeath each of the XMB for Music, Pictures and videos (If it does not show you need to click 'Search for media Servers').

It allows you navigate all your music, videos and pictures on your computer directly from your ps3. You will first need to specify what files you want to share on your computer using the PS3 Media Server program. - Its really simple.

As far as im aware it does not have equalizer options, but i could be wrong.

rendu

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
KCooperman:

Hi,

You install the PS3 Media Server on your computer. Once it is installed when you turn on your PS3 it will display 'PS3 Media Server' undeath each of the XMB for Music, Pictures and videos (If it does not show you need to click 'Search for media Servers').

It allows you navigate all your music, videos and pictures on your computer directly from your ps3. You will first need to specify what files you want to share on your computer using the PS3 Media Server program. - Its really simple.

As far as im aware it does not have equalizer options, but i could be wrong.

Many thanks, I will give it a try and see if it works. Kind regards, Pablo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts