iTunes Can multiple users use the same library?

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
I have recently installed iTunes on one of my PC's (Vista) I will eventually put my complete collection in lossless on a NAS to stream to the HiFi but for now just getting used to it on the PC.

I have it on my account set up and turned on home sharing, I am using some of my MP'3's which are still sitting on a separate drive, is there any way that I can see exactly what I am seeing on my account on the other 2 accounts on the PC? or do I have to import on ALL of them.

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the help that told me I have to do thing I was hoping not to do
emotion-6.gif
I have to Consolidate my Library (Copy all the MP3's across to the iTunes Library), I was going to wait until I had all the data lossless on a NAS before doing that, guess I can do it now then delete the lossy files later.

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Done it and it was relatively simple, Once itunes is set up on 1 account music imported etc. open the othere users accounts that you want to use this library, one at a time, dont sync music or anything just do the basic setup and agree to rules etc, then close down iTunes again.

Ok here is the great bit, open up iTunes again but hold down Shift, a popup will come up asking if you want to create a new library or associate an existing one, click associate then go to the library of the user you want to copy. It will be under User Music iTunes.

You are now sharing the same library on multiple accounts, and changes in one account will be reflected in others(Its the same library). If you have your library on a NAS you can share it over several computers though I do not believe you can have multiple instances running.

TRENDING THREADS