iTouch to TV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
well, not sure whether to post this in TVs or this section, but i'll try here.

I've got an iTouch, and it plays the BBC's iPlayer very nicely, if slightly smally.

So i got myself a set of (Apple) component video cables for it, and plugged them (5 leads) into the back of my Panny 37inch HD ready plasma (the ...80 model).

And then it all went horribly wrong. Although the TV does show some of the program i am trying to replay, it happens at variable speed, sometimes slow, and then very fast to catch back up both in video and audio. Eventually the iPlayer session on the iTouch stops, and i have to press ">" again to restart it, and this then happens continually. So the overal effect is a disaster.

I've successfully played the iPlayer onto the TV via a wirelessly connected PC, and the iTouch is happy displaying iPlayer programs in the same room to its own screen, so it doesnt appear to be a wireless issue.

So, has anyone else tried this combination and managed to get it to work?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Although this should work in theory, you'll be upscaling the (very small) compressed image on the Touch to a much larger TV screen, so I suspect the image will look terrible. Does it?

A

Anonymous

Actually, a lot of the time it looks ok, but between those points, it looks very bad.

But if the concept isnt going to work, why would they sell the cable?

TRENDING THREADS