issue with settings on onkyo 905

scubasteve

Jul 6, 2007
Visit site
All,

I live in an old house and unfortunately the power trips off roughly once a week. everytime the power trips off, i lose all the settings on my onkyo 905 and have to set the system from scratch again. this is not an big issue for me but i travel a lot and if am away then the family is unable to do or watch anything until i return to fix the setup.

This does not make a lot of sense to me as i should be able to unplug the amp without losing all my settings. can anyone confirm if this is the case with all onkyo amps. if so then i am going to have to ditch it for something else

any advice gratefully received

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
I had a 905 and unfortunatley my house is prone to the power tripping every so often, but my Onkyo never lost it's settings. Sounds like there's a problem with it, perhaps give Onkyo's service people a call at Genserve for some advice.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Just to confirm, I also have a 905 and, whilst I haven't yet had a power trip, I have had it unplugged from the mains for a good day or so while I rearranged my front room and all the settings were as before when I got it all hooked up again.

skr1

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
professorhat:
Just to confirm, I also have a 905 and, whilst I haven't yet had a power trip, I have had it unplugged from the mains for a good day or so while I rearranged my front room and all the settings were as before when I got it all hooked up again.

Same here..

A

Anonymous

Did you perform a software update on your 905? This happened with mine a couple of months ago after performing a software update, I was getting the E2PROM error everytime I use to turn off the system, finally I had to get the E2prom IC replaced which was causing this issue.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts