Is this a bargain?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello there, i recently came across a OPPO DV-981 HD dvd player. This player is a old model (2007)
but only costs 89 pounds at the shop where i saw it. Now i am looking for a high-end dvd player that delivers the goods.
is this the right choice?

A

Anonymous

I would say no, it was 175 when it came out, like 4 years ago.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for your response. Can you recommend an other DVD-player in the price regions up to 100 pounds?
And what do you think of the Toshiba SD390E DVD Player? This one i could buy for 40 pounds. I am not sure whether it's high-end, but Toshiba has one of the best technology (alongside Pioneer) for DVD-players.

A

Anonymous

TBH my sony and other blu-ray players are so amazing at upscale, I would not buy a DVD player, so cant really help you on that front.

Just dont think 100 for a DVD player is worth it, when you can get the Sony 360 for that price.

A

Anonymous

Sony 37W5500...still not sure whether a blu-ray or DVD player is the right choice for me, because i still haven't bought my first blu-ray while i have lots and lots of DVD's, maybe for the future a blu-ray player is best, but then again the blu-ray players will be better and cheaper in a year or so, so a DVD player is maybe the sensible thing to do.

A

Anonymous

I only buy blu-rays that I want to see time and time again as I have about 200 dvd's

I would not buy a chick flick or drama to watch blu-rays, but Love my action, sc-fi's and horrors, and they look stunning and the sound is amazing.

I would hope you have not bought any blu-rays if you havnt got a Player.
emotion-5.gif

I only have about 15 blu-rays, like terminator 2 and the matrix band of brothers, these are movies I will watch over and over again.

A

Anonymous

As the OP said why buy a DVD when you can get a bluray player for the same money.

Ive just bought a Philips blu ray,(dont have a single blu ray disc yet), and it does a fantastic job with DVDs.

I was needing a new dvd player but dont see the point in a DVD player anymore.

TRENDING THREADS