is there any headphones that gives speaker like experience ?

abhay9495

Mar 4, 2021
Visit site
I was looking for a headphone that gives a speaker like experience, a surround sound feel. Is there any product like that in $100 to $200 range ?

Gray

I was looking for a headphone that gives a speaker like experience, a surround sound feel. Is there any product like that in $100 to $200 range ?
Unlike with headphones, when you listen to speakers both ears hear something from both speakers.
If you want to try to replicate that, you could look for a h/p amp with a 'crossfeed' function.
Otherwise just look for reviews / suggestions for headphones described as having a wide, spacious soundstage, for a more 'out of the head' effect.

D

Deleted member 188533

The most speaker like headphones I've tried are AKG K712 Pros. The K701 and K702 should be similar but without the excellent bass response of the 712 Pro.

Friesiansam

Otherwise just look for reviews / suggestions for headphones described as having a wide, spacious soundstage, for a more 'out of the head' effect.
I don't think that is something headphones ever really achieve. My Focals have a wide soundstage but, they also have off-centre, angled drivers to try to move the soundstage forward, it has only very limited success.

D

Deleted member 188533

The HD600 isn't very speaker like to me. It has a very small, closed in soundstage and you certainly don't forget you're using headphones. The HD650/6XX has slightly larger staging but is still a smallish venue vs something like an AKG K701/702/712 which is more like a stadium. The AKG's are the closest thing to a Sennheiser HD800 ( at staging ). They're even better ( at soundstage ) than the HifiMan Ananda and Arya.

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
For what its worth I am listening to Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250ohms open back, I dunno about speaker sound but right know I feel I got the best seat in the Concert hall centre near front of the stage and with a nice sound stage I get the full thrust of the band. Loads of fun with nice HIFi properties. They are not perfect, but certainly not boring and very involving...!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts