Is my Panasonic soundbar bricked?

eebee

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
Have a Panasonic SC-ALL70 sound-bar (and subwoofer) connected to a Samsung TV through HDMI ARC. When turned on today to play Amazon Prime via Apple TV, through the sound-bar, there was no sound so during troubleshooting I changed the input to Bluetooth, which successfully played sound.

I un and replugged the power cable but no success so I unplugged the HDMI cable, again without luck. I changed to a fresh HDMI cable and the display now flashed ”F70HDMI” on the display. Changing back to the first HDMI cable still flashes,the message. The only reference I can find to this is that it has lost its firmware and to try to reinstall it.

To reinstall firmware I need to select it through a setting via the SETUP button but this doesn’t change the flashing message, presumably because there is no firmware to operate with.

Is there any solution to my dilemma or is the sound-bar cactus?

abacus

On most equipment there is usually a way to do a manual factory reset, so have a look in the manual.
Best to contact Panasonic support for advice if there isn’t, however if you have the firmware on a USB stick then plugging it into the USB Port and then applying power usually starts the update process.

Bill

eebee

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
Unfortunately not.
On most equipment there is usually a way to do a manual factory reset, so have a look in the manual.
Best to contact Panasonic support for advice if there isn’t, however if you have the firmware on a USB stick then plugging it into the USB Port and then applying power usually starts the update process.

Bill
Sadly, the factory reset is done via the remote, using the SETUP button but of course it doesn’t respond due to the flashing missing firmware message.

eebee

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
Sadly, the factory reset is done via the remote, using the SETUP button but of course it doesn’t respond due to the flashing missing firmware message.
It also doesn’t respond to holding the power button, beyond the “appease wait” message.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts