is my old technics su-x301 dying?

A

Anonymous

not sure why it wouldnt post, but anyway...

hi guys, so ive been having problems lately with my old technics amp.

the first thing ive noticed is that whenever i play a song, the singing or melody sounds very distant or almost completely drowned out. it has also lost a lot of volume (i have to turn it up much louder to get to the volume i used to have it at, at which point it begins to distort).

i tested one of my freinds kenwood speakers through my amp and it still sounded awful. i then tried one of my technics speakers through his pioneer amp and it sounded gret.

am i right in assuming that my amp has reached the end of the line? :/

like i said in my intro, im a complete pleb when it comes to this stuff, so any help would be much appreciated

cheers

Chris

Mooly

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Could be any number of things. If singing and voices are "dissappearing"but the music remains then that could be some form of cancellation occuring and may be nothing more than a dirty balance control wiper or switches etc that need cleaning. It needs a few basic checks and tests. Ultimately its probably an easy fix but it does mean taking the top off and having a look/test/measure.

A

Anonymous

ok thanks man, ill have a look but im not sure i'll really know what im looking at :p

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
bth_technicsmod_zpse64d9b16.png

As nothing has blown this can, on occasions, indicate leaking capacitors. Check if they are bulging or if any fluid has leaked.

regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts