Is it the remote or amp?

Since yesterday the volume level turns itself down. The remote control was nowhere near any of us on a side table. Changed the batteries from a brand new pack and it still does it. Take the batteries out and it's fine. I'm guessing it's either:

1) The remote is malfunctioning
2) A sensor in the amp isn't working
3) Paranormal

Can't find anything on the internet regarding the above. Nor can I find a replacement remote for sale in the UK.

Your collective knowledge is appreciated.

Cheers

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
Since yesterday the volume level turns itself down. The remote control was nowhere near any of us on a side table. Changed the batteries from a brand new pack and it still does it. Take the batteries out and it's fine. I'm guessing it's either:

1) The remote is malfunctioning
2) A sensor in the amp isn't working
3) Paranormal

Can't find anything on the internet regarding the above. Nor can I find a replacement remote for sale in the UK.

Your collective knowledge is appreciated.

Cheers
Cover the remote sensor on the amp with a sheet of paper and see if it still happens. A process of elimination.

When I bought my pre-amp, it travelled back in the cold car boot (it was winter) - the amp would respond to a single up or down volume signal by keeping on going. This seems to have been due to condensation - many manuals instruct you to let kit get up to room temp before using, and I hadn't. Assuming nothing has changed, that's probably not relevant to you.

Re the reply above, just keep the remote where it has no line of sight to the amp and see what happens.

You can still get learning remotes, though the market is pretty small now.

Reactions: plastic penguin
Last edited:
Reactions: plastic penguin
Might be worth checking with Leema if the IR codes for the different Pulse models are the same - they probably are:

LEEMA ACOUSTICS Pulse III - remote control - duplicate - £12.6 : REMOTE CONTROL WORLD (remote-control-world.eu)

I got an MF-compatible one from that place to teach my Pronto the correct codes - arrived quickly and worked as it should.
I actually messaged them on FB but as it's the weekend it came back with an automated reply. I'll try them again tomorrow

If you did need a new remote, I fear Leema might charge a bit more, though it might be more aesthetic - I don't know what Leema's remotes look like.

Seems that even reasonably upmarket hifi brands often provide ugly, cheap-feeling remotes.
Yes, mine looks very cheap and minimal. I saw the link of the two MK3 remotes and the image on the right looks identical to mine, but as yet not sure if the internals are the same.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts