Is it something to do to improve the imaging?

ebentjerodt

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi There,

I have make some changes in my system during the last weeks. I change the Olive 03 for the 06 and the Rega DAC for the Chordette QuteHD. I win a lot in body, deeper bass and more detail but i have the feeling the imaging is not as precise as it was before.

is tehre something to do to improve this. maybe the speacker position?

thank you in advance

Kr

Eduardo

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Yes speaker positioning will effect the soundstage.

There are a few ATC users around as well as dealers, hopefully they can shed more light on specifics.

MeanandGreen

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
If the imaging was good before changing equipment, but now it isn't and you haven't moved your speakers I doubt repositioning is going to bring it back.

Positioning is the main thing that affects imaging, if your speakers imaged well in their current position before then that's where they should image well now. I would think it's the effects of your component changes that have brought about this characteristic.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
MeanandGreen said:
If the imaging was good before changing equipment, but now it isn't and you haven't moved your speakers I doubt repositioning is going to bring it back.

Positioning is the main thing that affects imaging, if your speakers imaged well in their current position before then that's where they should image well now. I would think it's the effects of your component changes that have brought about this characteristic.

I agree with this but at the same time disagree......

Do try repositioning your speakers and working on toe in. Different kit does sound different and phase in an amps output can effect imaging in speakers which will affect such things as sound stage (this I'm currently experiencing) - you may get lucky and hit a new sweet spot

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts