is it ok to have roksan k2 with cyrus cd 6 se in a small to medium sized room?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It'll be a cracking combo - but yes, your speaker choice will be key, too. No falling in love with huge floorstanders!

You're doing the best thing by auditioning - take your time, take your favourite music, and enjoy.

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
[*]thanks for the reply. to be honest this will be my first proper hi-fi, what speaker will do justice to the roksan and cyrus in a small room? am i going along the right path if i audition the b&w 685's? is that ok for a smallish room? oh, and also the speakers i eventually go for will be pretty close to the wall

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The B&Ws on a very sturdy pair of stands (think Partington etc) would be the very least the Cyrus/Roksan combo deserves - even in a small/medium room. The B&Ws are pretty flexible about positioning, so you're OK there.

If you can, check out some pricier (£600-ish) standmounts while you audition, just to hear the difference. And don't be afraid to ask the guy in the demo room to position the speakers just as you'll have them, close to the wall: it can make a remarkable difference to a speaker's sound - for good or bad (bass, for example, can be reinforced or over-forced!)

A

Anonymous

So many superb products to try. Proac Studio 110, Neat Motive, Dynaudio Focus 110, PMC DB1i, Spendor (of course!), Monitor Audio GS10, Rega R3, Totem Rainmakers, etc,etc. A lot will depend on the presentation you're looking for (and your budget!). For that combo the PMCs would be a good start as they're fairly unfussy about positioning and cracking all-rounders. Lots of fun ahead!

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
i've recently heard a cd6se with my L.lll, and it sounded very good. the k2 has a "full sounding" presentation, according to the mags review. if this is the case and it has a fuller sound then my L.lll, then i would recommend you demo proac studio 110. they cost more then the 685's, but when i demo'd them with my kit i loved the sound, it was just their lean nature that put me off. the k2 might fill that leaness out. being front ported will help with placement.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts