Is BT Vision ever gonna get a Freeview HD tuner?

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I've got the original white Vision box, but thought I'd try to get my hands on the newer black one.... Until I realised that it too doesn't have an HD tuner. :doh:

I think this is something BT need to address sooner rather than later. As much as I'm a fan of my Vision box I'm thinking of chucking it in and just getting a freeview HD recorder with iPlayer and stuff.

Any whispers from those in the know about an updated box?

crang

Feb 17, 2008
Visit site
Hi forgive me if I'm being thick! However I have bt vision black box that does have HD for films etc.

Perhaps you already know that ? Must admit never looked for HD via the tv guide so perhaps HD not available cant check now as her indoors is watching catch up.

But your right if this isn't available they need to get with the program.

whiskywheels

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I may have misunderstood, but why don't you just get a freesat box and sat dish, then watch all the HD channels and other stuff that's available on BTvision, but without a subscription?

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Don't want a dish, but I am tempted by a Freeview HD box with HDD recording.

I just hoped BT would release a new box with a freeview HD tuner sometime soon.

nlanks

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm with BT Vision too and desperate for them to release an HD tuner version as I keep getting HD envy at friends houses (especially with the euros on)!

It would be a real shame with the Olympics coming up if they didn't have something available for then (and with a month to go, that seems unlikely to happen). Missed opportunity for BT surely.

I know I could buy a cheapo HD freeview tuner but that's not really the point - more boxes, remotes and wires!

COME ON BT!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts